Names Searched Right Now:
Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kala_way View Post
    That's been on my list for awhile, but every time I get to it I convince myself to read something else because it'll be boring, but I'm fascinated by the concept. Love to know your final thoughts when you're done.
    I read this book last summer for a book club and found it much more interesting than I anticipated. You really get to know the family's history as well as the science. I highly recommend it. Bonus points was that it's first time my husband has actually been interested in what I was reading.

I've recently started reading "Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA" by Tim Weiner. Interesting and at times horrifying when you see what was really going on.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

I've bought myself a James Joyce book but I haven't started on it because I spend all my time getting ready for the exams.
    ● Olympia ● Literature Student

Constance TabithaSibyl JemimaTheodoraRamona ? ?
    ? Rupert Otis Grover ??Ignatius Robin

I've been wanting to read Ulysses by James Joyce (do believe that's the name) because people say it's so difficult so of course I need to tackle it :P

I'm about 50 pages from the end of Raising Stony Mayhall by Daryl Gregory. Love it. It's a zombie book, which I usually don't like, but it's written with this sort of deadpan (bum bum tsch) realty that it's like reading something that actually happened. And it's from the zombie's perspective with some lovely dark humor.

And I just started Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card and I'm really liking it. They seem to have kept with the plot fairly well for the movie, but of course I like the book better. I'm about 100 pages in.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I've read Ender's Game maybe two or three times now, as well as all the rest of the books in the Ender and Bean sagas. I'm a fan of Scott as a writer but I feel badly about how different he is now from when I used to know him.

I read Ulysses in honours English at university. You need to have a good translator to read the book, as it requires knowledge of a variety of different languages to read it....I loved Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man, but I'm not really on the Joyce bandwagon.

I finally finished Cinder (yuck) and Wool (he needed a decent editor). I'm reading the new Christina Schwartz at the moment, while I wait for the new Elly Griffiths to arrive.

This past week I finished off The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken and A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin. (Both had been neglected on my bedside table for a little too long.) About to start reading Alif the Unseen by G. Willow Wilson!
    Fionnuala | mumma & name obsessive