Names Searched Right Now:
Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dantea View Post
    I just got done reading The Ocean At the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman. Loved it. It was a gentle book (not an enormous amount of action) and too short. As with everything I read of his, it was wonderful.
    I also started Raising Stoney Mayhall by Daryl Gregory. I've read his other two books (both stand alone) The Devil's Alphabet and Pandemonium and loved them so I have good hopes here. It's a zombie novel (which I don't usually like) and it's funny.
    I finished Ocean at the End of the Lane a few weeks ago. It was great, I agree all his stuff is fab.

Maybe I'll put one of Gregory's on my list, which was the best of the ones you listed?

I'm on the last chapter of Sophie's Choice. Hasn't been my favorite, but I can see why it sticks with people.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I really like Pandemonium. It was his first novel but I loved it. Very good for a first time author.

The only thing that bothered me about Ocean was that Gaiman used Ursula as the villains name. BOO! I love Ursula and I have it on my baby list and I used it for a good person in my book. I wish more people would use it for good guys.

Cody really wants me to read Ender's Game (Orson Scott Card) because we both liked the movie and he said the book (like always) is much better).
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I loved Ocean at the End of the Lane (though it is kind of a shame about Ursula).

I'm inundated with reading for classes at the moment, so I haven't been able to read for pleasure much lately, alas. Once midterms are over I'll probably read some more Margaret Atwood stuff.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Belphoebe Cosima Sybella Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

Quote Originally Posted by dantea View Post
    Cody really wants me to read Ender's Game (Orson Scott Card) because we both liked the movie and he said the book (like always) is much better).
    Yep, Ender's Game is great. The movie was enjoyable, but hard to compare directly to the book since there are quite a few points that don't really mesh--ages, characters, etc. But I did like the feel and seeing the Battle Room and the video game.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

Reading Pyramids by Terry Pratchett. I enjoy the book but am finding it so difficult to get through;. I just have no motivation to pick it up.
    Name lover

Lilith Vesper - Francesca Lark - Viola Kathryn - Azalea Coralie
    Zachary James - Alexander Michael/Charlie - Tristan George

Bunny names:
    M: Banjo, Chewbacca
    F: Kairi, Pika
    Uni: Bantha, Domino, Tadpole

My blog: http://thereviewinators.wordpress.com/