Names Searched Right Now:
Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    I'm reading a book called In the Shadow of Blackbirds, by Cat Winters. It's kind of terrible-- I'm not a fan of having exposition shoved down my throat in such an obvious, heavy-handed manner. And I dislike the main character. Her name is Mary Shelley, after the author, but I just call her Mary Sue in my head because that's what she is.

Next I'm going to read Stardust because I've been meaning to read it forever and just haven't gotten around to it.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Odette Cosima Fionnuala Iphigenia Coraline
    Emmett Kieran August Malcolm Zephyr

Finished The Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare over the weekend. I know it's a kid's book but I really enjoyed it! A lovely little tale.
    Name lover & Engaged to a wonderful man

Lilith - Vesper - Francesca - Tiffany - Lark - Viola - Naomi - Eloise - Layla - Amy - Phoebe - Freya
    Zachary - Alexander - Tristan - George - Axel - Dominic - Loki - Malachi- Rowan - Harvey - Griffin - Briar

Bunny names:
    M: Banjo, Chewbacca
    F: Kairi, Pika
    Uni: Bantha, Domino, Tadpole

My blog: http://thereviewinators.wordpress.com/

I've just finished "Of Human Bondage" and I adored it. Now I'm taking on "Brideshead Revisited". This has been a good year, book-wise.
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

Finished the motherload of crap that is Fifty Shades of Grey. Well that's a good couple of hours I'll never get back.

Started The Winter King by Thomas Penn. Henry VII is one of my favourite monarchs and I have only heard good things about this book. They should make a sequel to The White Queen based on this book (rather than Philippa Gregory's mess) and focusing on Henry VII and Elizabeth of York.

Quote Originally Posted by aj_bear View Post
    I've just finished "Of Human Bondage" and I adored it. Now I'm taking on "Brideshead Revisited". This has been a good year, book-wise.
    Have you seen the film with Leslie Howard and Bette Davis? Probably one of the best performances ever given by Bette Davis. I love that film. Have yet to read the book though.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting old Danish names, Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Théoden "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Johanna Ivalo Galadriel "Anna" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise

And for the moment: Atticus Aksel Inigo • Aviaaja Cleopatra Hero "Avi" • Fabiola Agnes Lúthien

I just got done reading The Ocean At the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman. Loved it. It was a gentle book (not an enormous amount of action) and too short. As with everything I read of his, it was wonderful.
    I also started Raising Stoney Mayhall by Daryl Gregory. I've read his other two books (both stand alone) The Devil's Alphabet and Pandemonium and loved them so I have good hopes here. It's a zombie novel (which I don't usually like) and it's funny.

I'm also still working on Shadow's Edge by Brent Weeks, the second book in the Night Angel Trilogy. It's a book I promised Cody I'd read. I'll be reading Ender's Game next.

And I can't believe you read 50 Shades Zelia. Bleh!! I read 3 chapters maybe before I couldn't stand it any longer.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014