Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

traditional names for a girl ...

We really love Alice for our baby girl bump, but just want to make sure there's nothing better out there! We live in England and like traditional pretty names that can't really be shortened.

Our son is Lewis. Does this sound too similar to Alice?

I think Lewis and Alice are too similar, sorry.
    Suggestions: Anne, Eve, Mary.
    Julia. Teenage lifelong name nerd and future mother

Nathan, Robert, David, Eli/Eliot, Samuel (Sam), James (Jamie), Erik, Rowan, Theodore (Teddy/Ted), Avery, Hector, Benjamin, Luke, Joseph (Joey/Joe)

Eulalia (Loula/Lou), Mary, Catherine (Catlin/Cat), Fern, Honor, Louise, Olivia, Anna/Anne, Joanna, Jane, Laura, Rose, Aoife, Charlotte, Elaine

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain--Vivian Greene

I think Lewis and Alice are fine together. Maybe try saying it out loud or calling it as you would a child and see if you think their names could get mixed up. If it helps my name is Steph, my dad is Kev and our dog is Tess and they all sound REALLY similar when you shout them but it's no more than a minor annoyance haha.

Other suggestions:
    Elsa/Elsie
    Claire
    Lucy
    Anna
    Eve
    Grace
    Kate
    Daisy
    Ivy
    Ellen
    Ruth
    Rose
    Audrey
    Sylvie
    Hazel
    Emma
    Laura
    Lily

And - a personal favourite - Faye.

Hope I helped somewhat, good luck from a fellow Britberry!
    Steph, writer and name-enthusiast - hoping to be a mum in the not too distant future

CURRENT FRONT RUNNERS

Arthur Anthony

Ivy Suzanne

OTHER LOVES

~ Isaac ~ Declan ~ Jude ~ Henry ~ Oliver ~ Gabriel ~ Wyatt ~

~ Azalea ~ Imogen ~ Faye ~ Isabelle ~ Harriet ~ Ottilie ~ Leah ~ Esme ~

Alice and Lewis are similar enough in sound that I personally wouldn't pair them together, but if you love Alice, then go for it!

The name that popped into my head is Charlotte

I like Alice. Another variation on England is English. I had a friend with English for her middle name growing up. It was also her grandfathers first name.