Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

5 Questions about Felix

Felix is a favorite name of mine. If I had a son today, I'd name him Felix. I want my children's names to be uncommon, yet familiar, multicultural and have great meanings. I think Felix fits perfectly.

I'd love to hear your thoughts (but please, be gentle).

#1 Imagine a boy named Felix. What is he like? What are his parents like?

#2 How popular is Felix in your area? How many boys named Felix do you know and what are their ages? (It'd be wonderful if you could describe them.)

#3 Do you think Felix is getting too popular? (Do you think it's going to get into US Top 100?)

#4 What multicultural names would go as a middle name?

#5 What about siblings' names? (Multicultural and uncommon.)
    polina ∙ 19 ∙ art history major ∙ web developer
    french/russian/swedish ∙ living in st. petersburg, russia

clementineastridsidoniaottoline
    felixsebastianmiloatticus

in the silence of your bones and eyes
    forgotten magic sits and waits for fire

I'm really bad at name imagery, so #1 is hard for me. I feel like any name could be on any person. The person makes the name their own. As far as the rest:

#2. Felix is not popular at all in the US as far as I know. I've never met one or even heard of one.
    #3. I think it's getting more popular but I don't see it in the top 100. Or at least not in the top 75!
    #5. I think Felix sounds great with Milo and Sebastian! And Jasper. It would be cool to have another name with a great meaning: Jasper, Amias, Emrys.... or a vintage name like Harvey or Oscar.
    Cora Madeleine~Dahlia Vesper~Fiona Elspeth~Gwyneth Rosalie~Hazel Matilda~Margot Eliza~Sylvie Eloise~Vivienne Esme
    Arlo Vincent~Callum Ezra~Emmett Sebastian~Evander Leo~Julian Matteo~Lucian Xavier~Milo Everett~Theo Jameson

#1. Felix has sandy blond hair and loves reading. He's quite good at sports but he doesn't spend a lot of time on them. His parents are English. His mother might be a teacher and his father maybe a lawyer.

#2. I only know one Felix (I'm Australian, but he's an English friend. He lives in Oxford). He has a twin brother named Cosmo, and an older brother named Max. He's about 15, very tall, and an extremely good rower. He's funny.

#3. No, I don't think it will make it into the top 100. That's just my opinion though!

#4. Felix Hugo, Felix Henry, Felix Toby, Felix Oliver, Felix Carl.

#5. Hugo, Theodore, Max, Otto, Emmett.

I love this name! It's in my top 10
    Best of luck!
    I'm twenty with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Cecilia * Margo *

* Theodore * Hugo * Edmund * Felix * Lysander *

I have a Felix. He is 2, and I have never met another. (He has brown hair, green eyes, and olive skin... and pretty darn cute if I do say so myself!) I don't see it getting into the Top 100 anytime soon. At least I hope it doesn't! It was hard for my husband and I to agree on the name for his brother, but we ended up with Augustus. Who we call "Gus" most of the time. Names we've talked about... Jasper, Milo, Atticus, Everett, Sebastian, Bruno, Jonah...

We LOVE Oscar, but decided we couldn't pair it with Felix, due to the show "The Odd Couple."

Good luck in your search!
    ~Mother to Felix & Gus <3

#1 Imagine a boy named Felix. What is he like?

I'm not great at describing people based on a name, but my first thought - Felix has dirty blonde hair, intellectual but a little mischievous too.

#2 How popular is Felix in your area? How many boys named Felix do you know and what are their ages? (It'd be wonderful if you could describe them.)

The only Felix I have met was a cat! I have never met a human Felix. (From England, though I've lived in Wales, USA, New Zealand and Australia)

#3 Do you think Felix is getting too popular? (Do you think it's going to get into US Top 100?)

I don't think Felix is too popular, I can't see it reaching the Top 100. If you look at the popularity graph on the name page it doesn't appear to be on the rise.

#4 What multicultural names would go as a middle name?

I've always thought Felix Sebastian would be a great pairing.

#5 What about siblings' names? (Multicultural and uncommon.)

Felix and... Milo, Jasper, Theo, Sebastian, Henry, Oscar.
    Victor | Ephraim | Phineas | Alfred | Rupert

Trudy | Marceline | Ramona | Cicely | Winifred