Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do you think of Adeline?

Looking for feedback on the name Adeline, along with any nn and mn suggestions! Thank you!

I really like Adeline! It's very sweet and vintage--unexpected, yet still familiar. I smile every time I hear it used! It keeps going off and on my list, but I really love my own combo (Adeline Emma Ruth), and I think it's a beautiful name. I'd probably use Addy as a nn, but there's also Adele/Dell/Della/etc.

I think it's pretty! I like it better than Addison and Addie would be a cute nickname.
    Isaac | Aaron | Malachi | Rowan | Jonah | Zachary

Hallie | Isabelle | Phoebe | Rylee | Alexandra | Chloe | Liberty

Well, I love it!!! Especially since it's my daughter's name. I think it's a lovely combination of sweetness and fun with a vintage flair. To me, it's classic as well with plenty of historical namesakes.

However, I will say, I didn't realize how trendy/up and coming popular it was when we named our daughter (she was our first so we just didn't know any kids and we weren't researching names). I'm fine with Adeline being popular, however it also has the problem of blending with other VERY popular names (especially Addison, a name I don't like).

Knowing this, I'd still choose Adeline for my daughter because she just is Adeline to me. But I do think it's something to think about before you choose the name.

I can't help out with nns because we only call her, Adeline, as we just love the beautiful full name. Good luck!!
    Name lover and mom to
    Adeline Elizabeth (4-26-2011)
    Theodore {Theo} Justus (7-24-13)

Hoping for as many naming opportunities as possible, but no more on the way yet

Favorites:

Eloise {Lulu}, Rose, and Mary

Francis {Frank} and Walter {Walt}

I love Adeline. I love the nn Addie and I think it is just adorable, and that it isn't to young or too old. My favorite combos are Adeline Linnea, Adeline Zoe, and Adeline Verity.
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Persephone | Ariadne | Lilia | Natalia | Nicoletta | Jane | Alice |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Jude | Nico | Tobias | Samuel | Orion | Leo | James | Jason |

Pondering:
    | Artemis | Cassandra | Cleo | Elizabeth | Miriam | Susannah | Sylvia | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Briseis | Mercy | Lachlan | Emerson | Callum | Owen |

Have a fabulous day!