Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    My sister is 2.5 years older than me and my brother is 4 years younger. My sister and I fought constantly growing up- we were so close in age and both girls, so we were in competition about everything. I feel like the sisters I know who are close in age fight a lot more than when the siblings are opposite sexes. I think there is just less competition with a boy and a girl than with two girls.

On the other hand, I begged and begged for a little brother or sister. My parents did not have my brother just to oblige me, but I was thrilled when he was born. We were inseparable growing up, and we even shared a room (because it was not possible for my sister and I to share, she hated me too much.)

Now that we are adults, my sister and I are very close. We talk every few days. My mom always said this would happen, we always swore we would never see each other again once we grew up. My brother and I are still close as well, though we live in different states now so we don't see each other as much. My brother and my sister are not close at all.

Of course, a lot of this is personality dependent and parenting dependent. My sister did not want me to be born, and she did not want my brother to be born, either. There are probably ways to raise siblings in greater harmony so that they don't feel like they have to fight all of the time.

I'm 4 years older than one sister, 6 years older than the next and 21 years older than the next. My sister that is 4 years younger I get along well with. The 6 years younger I never got along with and don't really know now. Those two really didn't get along. The youngest is now more like one of my kids rather than a sister.

I certainly hope that 5 isn't too many years as my son will be 5 in 2 weeks and his sibling won't be born until October.
    Mother of Gabriel Christian, #2 (finally!) on the way!!!!

DH finally agreed baby boy could be:

Emrys, Sebastian, Atticus, Sage, Abraham, Ambrose

We're still discussing middle names....

My mum is 19 years older than her brother and 22 years older than her sister. They have an alright relationship, though they live in the UK and my mum has been here for 17 years so their relationship is not perfect.

For me, at the most if I could decide I would want five years between my children. Hopefully 2 years between each but who knows how my life will turn out

Like others have said, I think it all depends a great deal upon personality types. Some siblings are close, some are not in the slightest and I think age difference plays only a small role in the matter.
    Catelin Geneva
    Just highschooler by day author by night obsessed with names and future babies when she's much older.

Cecily Eirwen Ophelia, Belphoebe Judith Primrose, Isolde Bellona Winter, Circe Guinevere Florence
    ::
    Rainier Gideon Wolf, Theon Samuel Peregrin, Peregrin Julius Harrow, Dorian Oliver Fox, Casimir Endymion Silver

my sister (half sister) and I are 7 and a half years apart, when I have kids I want them closer but if they have a large age gap thats fine
    Nursing Student- class of 2014, 4 down! 1 to go...
    <3 Jesse's Girl <3
    Top Names
    Noah Rupert
    Bria Aurelie

<3 Wedding Date <3
    <3 10.17.2015 <3

Personally I don't think there is such a thing as "too big" of an age gap. I'm 11 years older than my youngest sibling (and only sister). She and I are pretty close, but I'm more of a second mother to her than I am to our brothers (4 and 7 years younger than me). And that's fine. The sibling dynamics are different with different age gaps, but you can't expect all sibling dynamics to be the same, even if the age gap is the same. People are different, so they're going to get along different. The 11 years between us has in no way harmed our relationship/closeness as sisters.
    My dad is the youngest of 6 kids. He was the surprise baby at 10 years younger than his closest sibling, a brother, 20 years younger than his other brother (10 years between each son) and 25 years younger than his oldest sibling, a sister. He's not incredibly close to his sisters. He and his brothers, however, run a business together, and are always willing to help each other with anything, at any time, because that's what family does. I have no clue what the family dynamic was like when they were younger, but they over all have a pretty good relationship now, despite 10 years between each of them.
    Last edited by averelladavina; February 18th, 2014 at 11:36 PM.

~Sweet and Sassy~
    Elizabeth Winona "Elsie" ~ Adelheid Ruby "Addie" ~ Casilda Josephine "Cassie" ~ Veronica Odelia "Nicci"

~Strong and Stubborn~
    Gideon Boone "Gid" ~ Matthias Wesley "Matt" ~ Solomon Cadell "Cade" ~ Zaccheaus ________ "Zeke"