Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thoughts on Liliosa?

I find myself very intrigued by this name. What do you berries think of it? Pros? Cons? General feelings? Great middle names or first names that would pair with this? Whatever thoughts you want to leave I'll be glad to have 'em.

Liliosa is lovely. Sounds very ethnic to me (not that I think it's a bad thing, but I personally I wouldn't use it because I'm not Spanish). Lily is a lovely nickname.
    Makes me think of butterflies (Liliosa - mariposa).
    polina, nineteen
    french/russian/swedish living in st. petersburg, russia
    art history major, web developer

clementine + ottoline + romilly + sybella + matilda
    wilhelmina + tallulah + marlowe + emiliana + saskia

felix + sebastian + milo + oscar + fabian
    cosmo + archer + rufus + dashiell + caius

{ mommy to jagger the cat }

Nameberry says it's a spanish lily flower, but I've actually found little that supports this. I do know that it is not the word for "lily" in spanish, though I don't have a lot of familiarity with flowers within spanish culture. It's legitimate ties seem to be in the christian martyr story of Aurelius and Natalia and the name of a 9th century Spanish saint. Which does give it more spanish background and use!

All that said, it reminds me of the name Paloma, which has seemed to cross over culturally to my surprise even though it is an actual spanish word.

I love, love Liliosa.
    It is on my list.

The first thing I think of is "Wingardium Leviosa!" But I do think it's a beautiful name.