Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kamille?

Kamille?

Hi all!

I came across someone the other day who's name was Kamille. He was probably in his late 20's and was from the Netherlands region I believe. I absolutely love this name on a male. Typically it feels so female, but it surprisingly just really works. Any thoughts on the name Kamille for a boy? Would you ever go with it, or is it too feminine?
    Last edited by persephonyhonora; February 18th, 2014 at 10:50 PM.

I don't like most K names, and I think the boy would have a hard life with such a name.

Kamille is all feminine to me. I love it on a girl. But I guess it's kind of like Emile which is a male name so I can see how it could work.
    Southern Belles:
    Aurora Daisy

Audra Rose, Bridget Annabelle, Calla Elizabeth, Celia Grace, Daisy Abigail, Georgia Eloise, Harlow Ivy, Lyla Adelaide, Lorelei Ivy, Mirabelle Jane, Rosalie Blair

Handsome Gents:
    Lincoln Gatsby

Abel Thackeray, Abram Sawyer, Everett Foster, Grayson Miles, Harrison Rhys, Hayes Alexander, Holden Elliot, Jonah Everett, Marshall Hugo, Nathaniel West

I can totally see it. Technically, Camille is a unisex name (I think of the fairly famous composer, Camille Saint-Saens), but I've found that so many people in America see Camille as feminine that I've never even tried to consider it on a boy. I LOVE the nn Cam for a boy, though, and I'm sure the right European guy could pull it off. I find it rather intriguing, actually.

Wasn't it spelled Kamil? The "lle" ending feels very feminine to me. I know two guys named Kamil, though. Both of them are from Muslim families.
    polina, nineteen
    french/russian/swedish living in st. petersburg, russia
    art history major, web developer

clementine + ottoline + romilly + sybella + matilda
    wilhelmina + tallulah + marlowe + emiliana + saskia

felix + sebastian + milo + oscar + fabian
    cosmo + archer + rufus + dashiell + caius

{ mommy to jagger the cat }