Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FN choices

FN choices

Hi again

DH and I are TTC right now, and I am probably the biggest planner ever! We are planning to have 2 children so we are (I am) already thinking of sib sets. Our last name is Hanson. We are 90% sure on our boy name for this one (once he/she is conceived!):

Everett Thomas

For girls though, I haven't fallen in love with anything. Last night we decided to use Mariette in the middle spot (to honor DH's mother, since our boy name honors my father). First names we have discussed:

Della -This is DH's favorite. He thinks it has "depth," whatever that means. But I think she will fall in with all the Bellas and Ellas and will be constantly correcting people "No, my name is Della with a D!"

Hazel -This is my top pick, but DH doesn't like it with our last name. I think it goes best with Everett.

Nora -We both think it's just OK.

Scarlett -I recently brought this one up and DH was open to the idea, but our decision to use Mariette in the middle knocks this one out of the running.

I think part of the problem is that DH wants something very low on popularity, though Everett is not and I don't want too much of an unbalance. Plus Mariette is pretty obscure as it is!

Thank you to those who got this far! Any opinions/suggestions for us?
    Last edited by anotherjessicaann; February 18th, 2014 at 10:47 AM.
    #1 due December 9, 2014

Future Children:
    Everett Thomas | Laurel Mariette

Other Favorites:
    Wilder | Beckett | Sawyer
    Hazel | Faye | Scarlett | Noelle

Guilty Pleasures:
    Peregrine
    Lark | Dove

I agree with the Della comments, I went to college with a Delta if its the 'Del' sound you are after?
    Mariette is really pretty. I see you have Faye in your sig, how about Faye Mariette?

Mariette is a big name so perhaps something short with no pronunciation issues might be the way to go. Faye Mariette to me is a classy, stylish name.

Della is NMS, but if you guys love it then go for it.
    Out of your choices, I like Hazel Mariette the most. I also agree w the pp that Faye Mariette is nice!

I love Faye, but when I wrote down a list of my favorite names, the first thing DH did was cross off Faye. I definitely won't convince him on that one!
    #1 due December 9, 2014

Future Children:
    Everett Thomas | Laurel Mariette

Other Favorites:
    Wilder | Beckett | Sawyer
    Hazel | Faye | Scarlett | Noelle

Guilty Pleasures:
    Peregrine
    Lark | Dove

Norah is my fav from your first name list. I actually love Mariette as the first name! It is so beautiful and you never hear it. If you don't want that, how about:

Clara Mariette
    Eliza Mariette
    Audrey Mariette
    Jane Mariette
    Rose Mariette