Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pip?

Pip?

My BF and I are welcoming our first baby this year and I'm hoping you all can provide me with some guidance/advice.

My BF really wants to honor his mom, Pip (not short for anything), and I'm just worried it isn't suitable? I have thought about it as a middle name, but I can't find any first names. For some reason, nothing sounds good with Pip to me. Do you have any ideas? I like a lot of "nickname as full names" like Rosie, Millie, Ellie, etc. however BF's last name ends with Y so they sound silly together :|

How about naming her Pippa? Then you can use the nickname Pip. Pippa is actually a nickname for Phillipa, so that fits well with you love of nick names

Quote Originally Posted by camiller View Post
    How about naming her Pippa? Then you can use the nickname Pip. Pippa is actually a nickname for Phillipa, so that fits well with you love of nick names
    Pippa is cute (Phillipa isn't my style though) but I think it would be weird to call the baby "Pip" since I'm super close with my BF's mother and call her Pip regularly

Are you comfortable using Piper or Pippa, etc? Or does it need to be Pip? I think the name Pip is very cute!

Piper Marie
    Millicent Pip
    Amelia Pip
    Jillian Pip

Any other family names?

Quote Originally Posted by chachel View Post
    Are you comfortable using Piper or Pippa, etc? Or does it need to be Pip? I think the name Pip is very cute!

Piper Marie
    Millicent Pip
    Amelia Pip
    Jillian Pip

Any other family names?
    I like Pippa (never been fond of Piper), but I don't know if I feel brave enough (or comfortable enough) to use it as a first name. As a middle name, it would have to stay solely as Pip. Millicent and Jillian are a little too old for me and if it wasn't for my BF's ex, I'd be all for Amelia (her name was Mia, but full name was Amelia).

There are technically other female family names...but none that I like LOL