Names Searched Right Now:
Page 99 of 107 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC 6 Months +

@maggiefromcanada sorry they haven't called! I hope by the time you read this they have.
    TTC a bouncing bundle of joy since Jan 2014

Thanks @luckylocket. I'm sorry AF is coming. I totally get you with the whole sense of knowing it wouldn't be the best timing, but still wanting it to happen. Two cycles ago, I knew in my heart that being due at the end of February would totally screw up going back to school, buuuuuuuut still wanted it to happen. Of course, that cycle was a bust anyway.

I had some spotting earlier this week and am still not sure if that was AF. It took two messages and two days for the clinic to get back to me. I had a long talk with a nurse yesterday about how frustrating it is that a) no one answered my first message; b) no one told me there was a chance for Clomid to make my luteal phase longer and now they're acting like it's totally normal; c) I asked my doctor nearly a month ago if there were a place that does the semen analysis on Saturdays; she said she would look into it and get back to me, and no one responded, and that was only DAYS after saying, literally, "I'm on your team". So basically, I told the nurse that it's hard to feel like the clinic is on my team when they ignore me like this. And then of course I cried and said that maybe this is all a sign that we should just quit, but she was really nice and said not to give up. I'm going in tomorrow for an ultrasound to see what is up with my ovaries now. I'm just really bummed. Plus this means we can't do Clomid for this cycle because my husband will be away for a week when the Clomid-induced ovulation would most likely occur, so by the time we're back trying, I'll be 34. Anyway, that's my tale of woe for today. I'll dust myself off soon and try to feel better.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

klien... I am so so sorry for your loss. If you need someone to talk to, please feel free to message me.

It is so quiet in here lately. I haven't had much to update on. I just finished my last Provera pill yesterday so now I'm waiting for the bleed to start. When it does, I will do Femara from CD3-7. My first cycle actually trying again, yay! I'm anxious to get started but scared of another miscarriage if I do get pregnant.
    - Favorites -
    Etta . Evelyn . Hazel . Iris . Lilia . Lilith . Noelle . Rose . Ruby . Vera . Willow
    Connor . Evan . Ezra . Foster . Grey . Kieran . Rowan . Shane . Silas . Zane

- Top Picks -
    Willow Evelyn & Foster Grey

- Rainbow Baby Due June 2, 2015 -

Yes, it has definitely been quiet. Shilo, I am really hoping it happens for you soon. As for me, I had an ultrasound on the weekend and they decided my spotting was AF, so now I'm being monitored for this cycle, but with no Clomid. My husband will be gone Sept 2-8, so I'll go in while he's away and if there is no progress towards ovulation, they will start Clomid mid-cycle. I'm actually okay with no Clomid for now. It'll be annoying to start it up next month while I'm in school again (starting a Master's), but I don't mind taking it easier for a cycle.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

I've been stalking this thread, but haven't really had anything to contribute. After taking a cycle off Clomid I half heartedly tried again...forgetting to take my last 2 doses of Clomid. *eye roll at myself* I didn't monitor anything, only BD'd when I was actually in the mood, which, thanks to zoloft, is next to never. If I am still on schedule, AF is due next week. I've actually had a pretty easy time not thinking about it. If it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't.

I had a physical with my regular MD (my GYN is the one that put me on Clomid). He said sperm analysis is definitely the next step. I think DH wants to wait until we have actually been trying for a year before taking that step (he's scared to do it, and I don't blame him really), that way we will know for certain that insurance will cover it.

I haven't had a hard time with the thought that I am 37 and trying to conceive my first child. But with 38 coming around the corner, it is starting to freak me out.

On the flip side of things, DH and I are talking about adoption. If nothing happens between now and the first of the year we have tentatively decided to take the classes required to be a foster parent. I don't want to foster, but it's a mandatory step here for non-international adoption. Luckily I have a few friends that have done it and all said that if we tell them straight up we prefer to adopt that they will place a child with us with the greatest likelihood of being available for adoption. I understand wanting to give the birth mother every opportunity to be able to to keep her child, but it's frustrating when you so desperately want a child.

*sigh* Sorry to get long winded. So much for nothing to contribute, huh?

Trying for my first!
    Favorites: Meredith Arcona Gunnar Lee
    Others: Magdalene, Yardley, Juniper, Harlow, Alifair, Delilah, Atticus, Otis, Flynn, Kingston, Badgett, Crosby