Names Searched Right Now:
Page 45 of 98 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC 6 Months +

Thank you ladies. My hcg went from 20 at 12DPO to 22 at 14DPO. They basically said I can expect to start bleeding any time now. They are also concerned about possible ectopic. I go back on Friday for another beta if I have not started bleeding yet just to see what's going on. They said they had one case of this happening where it didn't result in a miscarriage but I know not to get my hopes up. That would be a one in a million.

I know technically it was not a baby yet but I feel like it was. It's a little person we created that I will likely never get to meet or know. I'm devastated and feel like I'm losing a child no matter how early it is.
    Last edited by shilo; May 8th, 2014 at 01:24 AM.
    -Favorites-
    Etta . Evelyn . Hazel . Iris . Lilia . Lilith . Noelle . Rose . Ruby . Vera . Willow
    Connor . Evan . Ezra . Foster . Grey . Kieran . Rowan . Shane . Silas . Zane

- Top Picks -
    Willow Evelyn & Foster Grey

I'm so sorry Shilo. I know the numbers are ominous but if you want a shred of hope... The fact that the beta went up a little means your little embryo baby is still implanted and still alive for the placenta (well, syncytiotrophoblast) to be secreting the hormone.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

I am really hoping so, blade. But I know the chances are slim. They seem very concerned about an ectopic since my hcg is going up but at a very very slow rate which is terrifying me. I have enough fertility issues without losing a tube on top of it. They've basically put me on bed rest until I start bleeding or they know what's going on for sure. With strict instructions to call the on call triage nurse if I have any weird pains or fever, etc.

She also kept saying that it could be because the egg didn't implant but I feel like surely I would have bled by now had it not? I'm 4 weeks 2 days today and I ovulated on 4/23. AF was due 4 days ago.
    -Favorites-
    Etta . Evelyn . Hazel . Iris . Lilia . Lilith . Noelle . Rose . Ruby . Vera . Willow

- Top Picks -

It is not possible to produce beta HCG unless the blastocyst has implanted. Only the pre-placenta makes it (the syncytiotrophoblast) and the only way it can get into your bloodstream is if that connection has been made via implantation.

Again I think that the fact that your period was so very light means that you had enough beta to inhibit the shedding of the endometrium.

An ectopic is possible for any of us, but there is no reason from your history to think that you are at higher risk than anyone else.

I will not lie, this is a threatened pregnancy, but it's not over. There is still hope.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

Good to know. Everyone keeps telling me it was likely a failed implant and I keep trying to tell them I'm sure it's not. I am fairly certain of when I implanted. It made me feel like they thought it mattered less cause it hadn't implanted.
    -Favorites-

- Top Picks -