Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 103 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC 6 Months +

Well here is my story...I have been off BC since May 2013 but we have been actively trying since July 2013. So it has been 7 months but not 7 cycles as I also have PCOS. I was diagnosed with PCOS in September 2013 after not having a period for 3 months after stopping BC. I had to induce AF in September and then again in January because AF didn't return again. This is now my 2nd cycle on Clomid. In January I took the Clomid CD5-9 and didn't ovulate until CD23 but it does look like the 50mg caused ovulation. I had a 36 day cycle but AF came all on her own so that is a plus along with ovulating for the first time. Today was my first pill for the 2nd cycle and I am hoping that maybe I will ovulate a little earlier this cycle. I know that I ovulated based on my bbt...this last cycle really gave me piece of mind and a little better idea of what to expect from my body. Good luck to all of you ladies and I am hoping that we all get our BFPs soon!!

Long time no write....lol. I saw that Sarah created this thread and I was previously commenting in ttc2014. Well my husband and I have been trying to conceive since March 2011 naturally until August 2013. We sought help from a RE and was diagnosed in September 2013 with PCOS. Absolutely nothing wrong with my husband, which is great! October, November, December 2013 I was on Clomid. Well clomid was ok, had little to no side effects, but it thinned my lining for implantation so nothing could attach. I had to take a month off from Clomid January 2014 due to a golf ball size cyst that was created on my left ovary. So my RE put me on birth control for one month (between jan and feb) to decrease the size of the cyst. The birth control discarded my cyst entirely. Since finding out about having PCOS I haven't really read up on it too much or even consider really changing anything. Well that has changed because I want to better myself to be healthy and happy but also for our future children. Since September I have been on Metformin 1500 mg as well. Recently this month (feb) my RE and us decided to try a different drug to help with pregnancy. It's called Letrozole. I am not a fan about trying all these fertility methods, but my doctor explained to me this is about all I have as last resort. Since going to the doc on Friday morning, I have 3 viable eggs that will be ready hopefully by tomorrow Sunday for ovulation. I go tomorrow morning from my trigger shot to induce ovulation if the eggs are decent enough because my body does not ovulate on its own. I'm excited and hoping we DTD and get pregnant! I will most likely try this again in March if BFN. My husband and I decided that we will go as far as IUI, but nothing further due to financials. I am hoping we all get our BFP very soon! Just thought I'd share my update on where I am at with all of this.

@Allielle - That sounds promising! I hope you are get pregnant this time. Two years is a long time to be trying.

How is everyone else doing? I'm currently at CD37, but haven't ovulated yet. This is the longest I've gone since being off the Pill. We're going on vacation on Thursday, so maybe being away and stress free will get my ovaries to do their job.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

Allielle-This sounds very promising and it sounds like you and your RE really mesh well and hopefully you end up with your BFP very soon!!

I am CD8 right now...second cycle on Clomid so I have one more day on clomid then I will wait until ovulation. Last month I ovulated on CD23 so I am hoping it is earlier this month. I will be using opks starting probably around CD12 until ovulation and I also chart my bbt. I am really struggling with whether or not to take a month off after this cycle. I work at an accounting firm as a payroll admin so in January this year I work 100 hours of overtime in addition to my normal 40 hours a week. I don't want to take a month off but if we don't and I get pregnant I would be due in January. My husband really thinks we should take a break but I am worried because you can only be on Clomid for so many cycles until they make you look into other options. Idk I am so confused as to what to do. I guess maybe I won't have to worry about it and I will get pregnant this cycle!! What would you ladies do in a situation like this?

I'm on CD19 of my first month on Metformin. No ovulation as of yet but I didn't anticipate I would the first month. Still hopeful though. I have an appointment on Thursday and I plan to ask to go up to 1500mg instead of 1000mg. I have to get an ovarian ultrasound that day to see if I will need surgery. Fingers crossed I won't. I've been researching Clomid vs. Femara for people with PCOS lately. Thinking I may try Femara instead of Clomid if I am not pregnant in the next few month. It seems to be better for PCOS'ers. Does anyone have any experience with Femara?
    - Favorites -
    Etta . Evelyn . Hazel . Iris . Lilia . Lilith . Noelle . Rose . Ruby . Vera . Willow
    Connor . Evan . Ezra . Foster . Grey . Kieran . Rowan . Shane . Silas . Zane

- Top Picks -
    Willow Evelyn & Foster Grey

- Rainbow Baby Due June 2, 2015 -