Names Searched Right Now:

Please let me know

if I am posting these in the wrong place - probably am!

Under Dingo it says that dingoes eat babies. Now while I would NEVER name anyone Dingo, this is actually not accurate. There was the famous case but there are an awful lot of questions about that case and I would not want to malign any species either for a dubious case or for a single case.

I think that, whether or not a Dingo did actually eat poor little Azaria Chamberlain, this is always what people will think of when they hear the word "Dingo." It's worth mentioning even if it's a single, infamous tragedy (and technically somewhat of an unsolved mystery to this day, though the coroner did rule that a dingo did eat the poor child).

It's kind of like the word/name Columbine in that there are still strong associations with an tragedy that was reported on worldwide. Some names are too sad to be tied to a child.
    Mom to James Daniel (10) William Joseph (9), Elise Marie (7), and Zachary Allan (1)
    http://letterstoauntkay.blogspot.com/

TTC #5
    Serena (Seri), Audrey, Rose, Naomi, Diana, Kate, Adele, Georgia, Lucy, Linnea, Clara
    Thomas Christopher, Henry, Orin, Arthur, Samuel, Seth

DH's "approved" list:
    Seri, Naomi, Amy, Diana, Lucy, Kate/Katie/Katherine, Audrey
    Thomas ("maybe")

The dingo DID eat Azaria Chamberlain it was confirmed a few years ago its still news in Australia and the main reason Azaria's a do not use name in Australia
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Tallulah★Ruby☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

This might be of use to you http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_o...ia_Chamberlain

It explains the whole case of Azaria Chamberlain, and it says;

The cause of Azaria Chamberlain's disappearance was determined and announced on 12 June 2012. The Northern Territory coroner officially amended her death certificate to show that the cause of death "was as the result of being attacked and taken by a dingo"

Azaria's not the only case either, if you click on the Wikipedia page for dingoes, it lists more attacks, one more resulting in a death, 3 serious bites (I'm assuming), and, one dingo was put down after over 25 coded attacks. Dingoes aren't exactly lovely animals to be around, and when two children have been attacked and killed by them, and another two have been bitten/seriously injured by them - they don't exactly make the nicest connections.
    haley/happy birthday to me/officially nineteen.

Girls: Doris, Georgiana, Amelia, Lillian, Edna, Clara, Minnie, Mabel, Arabella

Boys: Matthew, Christopher, Daniel, Louis, Ernest, James, Joshua, Harrison, Henry

~no matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world~

Yeah, I was going to mention that there have been multiple cases of dingo attacks but @lawsonhaley beat me to it!

I also agree with this:
    Quote Originally Posted by mill1020
    It's worth mentioning even if it's a single, infamous tragedy
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey