Names Searched Right Now:

4. Name Check, Persephone and Hades

Time Period/ Location: Sort of like a parallel country, similar to ancient Greece.

Brief Plot: This story will be the retelling of the Greek myth Hades and Persephone, but I have changed a few details to fit what I want. In my version, Hades and Persephone fall in love, but Demeter - Persephone's mother - will do anything to keep the two lovers apart. There's a lot of romance, epic battles, and all that good stuff. In the end, Persephone ends up living with Hades in the Underworld for half the year and living with her mother on earth for the other half.

Character Names:
    Persephone is being changed to Arella, Hades to Lonan. The reason for choosing Arella is because she is often described as an angel and the name literally means angel. Lonan means blackbird and his symbol is a bird that is black. Plus, I love both names and think they sound great together!

Anything Else?: I am asking for your help - I need you to asses my names; tell me what's wrong with them, what you like about them, everything! And, if you don't like the names I have chosen, suggest more! I am open to all suggestions! Good luck, and thanks in advance!
    erin; student, writer, nerdfighter, teenberry, slytherin & proud

○ cleo ○ beatrix ○ eleanor ○ esther ○ hazel ○
    ○ imogen ○ jocelyn ○ lydia ○ piper ○ sansa ○ zoë ○

○ edward ○ dashiell ○ gabriel ○ gideon ○ jem ○
    ○ maxon ○ owen ○ river ○ rowan ○ sebastian ○ xavier ○

I like Arella and Lonan, although I probably wouldn't like Arella if you hadn't explained the symbolism behind the name. I liked the idea of renaming Hades Lonan on first sight because the name has a slightly dark and mysterious vibe(not sure why this makes me think of Hades considering as he wasn't exactly evil when compared to the other gods. He just got dealt some bad cards). I came up with some other suggestions though. The only suggestions I can think of for Persephone are Eulalie, Isabeau, Susannah, Aurelia, Aurelie, Leonie, Verity, Ramona, Beatrix, Isla and Freya. I don't think that you need other suggestions for Hades but I figured that I'd try anyway: Benno, Leopold, Rufus. Good luck with your story!
    Last edited by jayden101; February 17th, 2014 at 02:36 PM.
    Under Construction

@jayden101 - Thanks for your input! I like all the names you chose for me, but I still think I'm going to stick with Arella and Lonan. I considered the name Aurelia for a while, and though it isn't in the Top 1000, it still seems too popular for me.
    erin; student, writer, nerdfighter, teenberry, slytherin & proud

○ cleo ○ beatrix ○ eleanor ○ esther ○ hazel ○
    ○ imogen ○ jocelyn ○ lydia ○ piper ○ sansa ○ zoë ○

○ edward ○ dashiell ○ gabriel ○ gideon ○ jem ○
    ○ maxon ○ owen ○ river ○ rowan ○ sebastian ○ xavier ○