Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Oh help! It's our 4th Girl!!

Oh goodness, I need help! We are expecting our 5th and last baby, and 4th girl, due April 1st. Due to pregnancy complications, we may be delivering any day and we have not chosen her name yet. ACK! Our other girls are Emily, Ainsley, and Lucy. Can you guys give me your thoughts on the following?
    Kailani - I love it. It's gorgeous and Hawaiian and means "sea and sky". But we are as white as white can be. Is it just too far out there?
    Felicity - A name I've loved for years, but our three other girls ALL have names that end in the "ly" sound, and we worry that it's just too much.
    My husband has put "June" out there, and we've also considered Eliza and Maren.

Can you tell I'm in big trouble?? But I so need a name for this baby girl. She's going to have a fight ahead of her, and I need to have a name.

Thank you!!!

Kailani is lovely, but unfortunately is a bit too exotic compared to your very traditional older girls. Felicity does sound a bit rhymey. I've never been a huge fan of Eliza, plus it too has a lot of the "l" and "ee" sound. I strongly dislike Maren; plus, next to your very classic other names, it feels a bit trendy and out of place.

June intrigues me; it feels a little short though. How about Junia or Juno?
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

Right, Bibliophile?? Uuuuuugh. Every name I find just doesn't feel quite right.
    Going with more traditional, but maybe more playful names, tossing out Alice, Pearl, or Camille???? (The Spouse doesn't need to have an opinion, right?

I agree, Kailani is beautiful, but too ethnic and doesn't go with the names of your other girls. From the names you've mentioned, I love Felicity and June with your sibset.

Other suggestions:

Cora
    Eloise
    Clara
    Jane
    Beatrix
    Aurora
    Frances
    Georgia
    Hazel
    Ivy
    Olive
    Phoebe
    Ruby
    Violet
    Scarlett
    Willow
    Cecily
    polina ∙ 19 ∙ art history major ∙ web developer
    french/russian/swedish ∙ living in st. petersburg, russia

clementineastridsidoniaottoline
    felixsebastianmiloatticus

in the silence of your bones and eyes
    forgotten magic sits and waits for fire

I like Polina's suggestions of Cora, Eloise, Beatrix and Cecily (though Cecily does have that -ly ending). I also like your idea of Alice quite a bit.

Another idea that occured to me; it Felicity's an issue because of the ending, how about Felice?
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid