Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I love Joss as a nickname for Joseph! And I think immediately of Joss Whedon, who is definitely a man. I do not think it sounds feminine at all.

Love it!

Joseph, nn: Joss, has refreshing vintage charm.
    "Close your eyes and think about it.

Which name do you really, really love the most?

Go with the one that makes you smile every time you say it."

--Suelain Moy, author

I really like Joss. Personally, I'd use it as a spunky nickname for a female Jocelyn, but it works great on a Joseph too, and doesn't seem fixed to one gender for me.
    Julia. Teenage lifelong name nerd and future mother

Nathan, Robert, David, Eli/Eliot, Francis/Franklin/Frank, Samuel (Sam), James (Jamie), Erik, Rowan, Theodore (Teddy/Ted), Avery, Hector, Benjamin (Ben), Luke, Joseph (Joey/Joe)

Eulalia (Loula/Lou), Mary, Catherine (Catlin/Cat), Fern, Honor, Louise, Olivia, Anna/Anne, Joanna, Jane, Laura, Rose, Aoife, Charlotte, Elaine

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain--Vivian Greene

I think it's a fine nickname for Joseph, though might assume the parents to be Whedon fans. I don't think it a girls' name at all, as the only one I know is Joss Whedon.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

I have a friend named Joss (who actually just won gold at the Olympics!) and I always really liked his name. I would assume it's a nn for Josiah, but I think it could work for Joseph as well. I definitely see it as more masculine as well!