Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Echo <3

Echo <3

The name has been on my list since I was probably 14, and I discarded it because I was told that I'd change my mind when I was older. Nope, I still love it!

I love the story behind it, and no I do not find it masculine! Echo was a girl in the story, and since that is the only association I have with it. I can NOT see it on a little boy.

I do see the teasing potential, and I got a lot of it! With my name rhyming with America, and my last name being a very lame sport... Yes, it sucked, but it got old and no longer bothered me.

I Love Love Love Echo..

My questions are:

What sister name could possible stand next to hers and not feel "less than"? (Say it was an identical twin)

I was thinking Maia?

Can you see a little Echo beyond 6 years old?

What middle names would you pair with Echo?

What would your first reaction be if you met an Echo?

Oh, Echo is absolutely gorgeous! I have hear that people say its a dog's name but Bella & Max are too so I dont understand why.
    I would be very pleased if I met an Echo.

A sister for Echo :

Hero
    Thisbe
    Romilly
    Bay
    Io
    Aria / Ariadne
    Vasiliki ,
    Maeve ~ Persephone ~ Ophelia ~ Rosalind ~ Eleanor ~ Silver ~ Psyche ~ Belladona ~ Calista ~ Raven ~ Winter ~ Imogen ~ Glass ~ Nevermore ~ Remember
    Alaric ~ Amadeus ~ Grey ~ Wolf ~ Damien ~ Dorian ~ Perseus ~ Salem ~ Viktor ~ Edgar ~ Thorn ~ Gideon ~ Lucian ~ Constantine

Quote Originally Posted by bellerose View Post
    Oh, Echo is absolutely gorgeous! I have hear that people say its a dog's name but Bella & Max are too so I dont understand why.
    I would be very pleased if I met an Echo.

A sister for Echo :

Hero
    Thisbe
    Romilly
    Bay
    Io
    Aria / Ariadne
    Im so glad you like it! I was thinking Echo and Psyche, but decided that was probably too much! That, and I am not greek...

What sister name could possible stand next to hers and not feel "less than"? (Say it was an identical twin)

If Echo had a sister I would choose a name that is also a quite common word.
    Maia would be way too normal next to a sister named Echo (to me at least).

Can you see a little Echo beyond 6 years old?

Yes.

What middle names would you pair with Echo?

Echo Amelie
    Echo Violet
    Echo Matilda
    something sweet, soft and girly

(But I would actually make Echo the middle name)

What would your first reaction be if you met an Echo?

I'd find it pretty weird since Echo is a word which is being used in various languages (either the spelling or the sound) and in many countries word names are not the norm.
    So if she ever travelled outside an english speaking country, she'd be the girl with the "strange" name.

I'm just telling you that because a "Hero" or a "True" might sound odd to a foreigner who is familiar with English but since they don't exist in their own language, it's less weird than actually calling somebody by a word you're used to (since word names are pretty rare in a lot of languages). That's also the reason why I think Maia is too common as a sister to Echo.
    Last edited by opheliaflora; February 15th, 2014 at 06:08 PM.
    Polly

Ophelia "Ellie" | Penelope "Peppi" | Rose "Rosie"

August | Elliott "Otti" | Theo

Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid