Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Parker for a girl

I've recently had such a crush on Parker.. I like it for a girl or a boy. The only problem is I can't seem to think of middle names that I love with it for a girl. What are your thoughts on Parker for a girl and what middle names would you pair with it?

Not a fan of it. I mean, I kind of like it on a boy...but I just really don't like it on a girl.

As for middles.....what are you looking for? Something uni-sex again? Something really frilly to balance it out? Do you want something classic? Something a little old-fashioned?

One of my cousins is named Parker McKenzie.

I never knew that Parker is technically a boys name. Her brothers name is Fletcher.

She wears the name well. Mostly we use Parkie as a nickname.

Our grandfather doesn't like it too much. He thinks that Parker sounds too much like "park-her".

Because of my cousin I can't be impartial. I like it well enough.
    Last edited by irmgard+theodorian; February 15th, 2014 at 05:35 PM.

I don't like the name Parker for either gender. Like many occupational names, it reminds me of phrases (park her? Ryder = ride her. You get the picture). To avoid gender confusion, I would choose a traditional female name -something strong and definitely NOT too overly frilly.

Parker Jane
    Parker Maeve
    Parker Elizabeth
    Parker Faye
    Parker Ruby
    Parker Rose
    Parker Alice
    Parker Audrey
    Parker Faith
    All the best,
    Mischa.

My friend recently named her baby boy Parker. My nephew (who is 5) immediately made the connection to Peter Parker of Spiderman so he really likes the name.

I think it would work on a girl. It is a little more masculine than say Harper or Piper to me, but that's just me. And there is the actress Parker Posey, and I think the name suits her well.

I would combine it with a very girly middle name.

Parker Violet
    Parker Eloise
    Parker Marie
    Parker Genevieve
    Parker Evangeline

I think the nickname Pax would be a neat one for this, as I don't particularly like Parkie and Parka ...well, who wants to be called a huge winter coat? Pax means peace in latin and I don't think it's too much of a stretch -- or Pari, if you want to consider nn, though it's not necessary with Parker.

I recently came across the name Eliette on here, which I think is the most beautiful feminization I've yet to see of a masculine name. Doesn't have much in common with Parker but I thought I'd throw it out there.