Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Clara or Maeve?

Clara or Maeve?

I am expecting a baby girl in thirteen weeks but can't decide between Clara (pronounced Clair-ah) or Maeve. I really like how both names are sweet and simple. Clara is my great grandmother's name, and I would name her Clara June or Clara Mary. I've always loved Maeve, but I am afraid she will spend her life correcting people on the spelling and pronounciation. Whenever I bring up the name to family or friends, people always ask me if I mean Mavis, which I dislike. If I went with Maeve, we would name her Maeve Elizabeth. What do you think? It's such a big responsibility to choose a name!

I don't like Clara Mary because of the repeated "air" sound, but Clara June is precious! Maeve Elizabeth is also gorgeous, and while you might have some problems with pronunciation, she would have plenty of nickname options, from Mae/May to all the ones from Elizabeth. I don't think it would be much of an issue, though? I do personally prefer Clara, but go with your heart. And congratulations!

Clara June is just gorgeous! And the connection to your grandmother makes it a little more especial, imo. I'd go with that!

Caroline. 22 year old from Brazil.

____ _ _ __Clara Genevieve | Louisa Peridot | Vivian Lark | Marina Bellamy | Lydia Primrose
    ____Henry Vale | Thomas Fox | James Valentine | Theodore Leaf | Alexander Tadhg

portuguese names:

____ _ _ __ __Clara | Maria Antônia | Marina | Beatriz | Luísa | Alice | Julia
    ______Joaquim | Francisco | Vicente | Tomás | Renato | Ian | João

Boston, MA
    Clara June and Maeve Elizabeth are both excellent choices! Totally torn between these two choices. (Clara Mary is a bit repetitive so I prefer June in the middle here.)

I suppose the family name has a slight edge, but if it helps any, I know two Maeve's (one 5-ish and one 30-something), and neither has trouble with their name. Is Clara Maeve (or Maeva Claire) an option?
    Esme Cordelia | Gwyneth Rosalie | Madeleine Vesper | Phoebe Matilda | Sylvie Marigold
    Cato Benjamin | Griffin Elias | Lucian Mateo | Milo Sebastian | Rhys Donovan

Definitely Clara June. It's so pretty and cute.
    twenty-something name nerd. infj

Seraphina Juliette Audrey. Evangeline Laetitia Odette. Catalina Ariadne Helen. Valentina Bellatrix Yvaine
    Violetta Catherine Lenore. Isabelle Faustina Clare. Rosalind Anna Belphoebe. Guinevere Cassia Ottilie
    Vanessa Rose Aphrodite. Helena Edelweiss. Talitha Caroline. Aurelia Madelief

Peregrine Lysander James. Gavriel Alexander Callum. James Luca Auberon. Edmund Frederic Altair
    Perseus Arthur Flynn. Cassius Jason Alaric. Damien Alexei Orion