Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Lark vs. Raven

Starling is a a neat word,

Quote Originally Posted by vasilisa View Post
    I love them both, really. Starling would be beautiful too--dark like a raven, agile like a lark.
    but they are not the most pleasant bird.

I love both names! I think Lark sounds more feminine though, (probably because I know a gorgeous little boy named Raven) and I told my mum about this little boy with the awesome name and lol Raven made her think of death for some reason. Death, scavenging...I don't know. But I love the names. Good luck!
    Current Name Crushes;
    Arya Grace, Ayla Elise, Zahra Rosalie, Elodie Flora, Adelaide Ruby, Amelie Hera, Saphira Hope, Sadie Felice, Norah Celene, Leora Anneliese
    Zephaniah, Soren, Cohen, Landon, Elijah, Malachi, Seth, Reuben, Ezekiel, Zane

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    -Mahatma Gandhi
    Pinterest: Darlene Yim

Oddly, despite ending in the same k sound, I like Lilac but not Lark. It just seems softer somehow.

Raven has that rounded -n ending that keeps it from being piercing. And ravens are such clever birds, and associated with so much mythology.

Violet, Sage, and Amber are all too colour-y to go with the bird names for me. I LOVE flower names and bird names, and gemstones, but generally like them combined with another name that is not a "thing" if you will. But of these, I think I like Amber best alone, and Raven Sage best as a combo. It does make me think of a grey-green bird or a black herb though.

I do adore Ravenna mentioned up thread. That's been on and off and on my own list.

I like Lark but I love Raven! Raven Sage is gorgeous. What about Wren or Robin/Robyn?

Eve Tallulah Tuesday
    'strange things will happen if you let them'
    Instagram: @abcd.eve