Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Lark vs. Raven

Starling is a a neat word,

Quote Originally Posted by vasilisa View Post
    I love them both, really. Starling would be beautiful too--dark like a raven, agile like a lark.
    but they are not the most pleasant bird.

I love both names! I think Lark sounds more feminine though, (probably because I know a gorgeous little boy named Raven) and I told my mum about this little boy with the awesome name and lol Raven made her think of death for some reason. Death, scavenging...I don't know. But I love the names. Good luck!
    Current Name Crushes;
    Girls:
    Arya Sky, Ayla Elise, Zahra Rosalie, Elodie Grace, Adelaide Ruby, Amelie Hera, Saphira Hope, Sadie Felice, Norah Celene, Leora Anneliese
    Boys:
    Zephaniah, Soren, Cohen, Landon, Elijah, Malakai, Seth, Reuben, Ezekiel, Zane

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    -Mahatma Gandhi
    Pinterest: Darlene Yim

Oddly, despite ending in the same k sound, I like Lilac but not Lark. It just seems softer somehow.

Raven has that rounded -n ending that keeps it from being piercing. And ravens are such clever birds, and associated with so much mythology.

Violet, Sage, and Amber are all too colour-y to go with the bird names for me. I LOVE flower names and bird names, and gemstones, but generally like them combined with another name that is not a "thing" if you will. But of these, I think I like Amber best alone, and Raven Sage best as a combo. It does make me think of a grey-green bird or a black herb though.

I do adore Ravenna mentioned up thread. That's been on and off and on my own list.

I like Lark but I love Raven! Raven Sage is gorgeous. What about Wren or Robin/Robyn?
    - Evelyn - Alice - Margot - Edith - Maeve - Keeva - Sylvie - Adeline - Gaia - Beatrix - Arya - Miriam (Miri) - Madigan -

- Seth - Malachi - Stefan - Roran (Rory) - Marcus - Reuben - Eben - Christopher (Kit) - Zachary - Gideon - Sean -

Eve Tallulah Tuesday
    'strange things will happen if you let them'
    Instagram: @abcd.eve