Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Red face Husband finally gave me a list!

Because we do not want to have children any time soon, my husband has brushed off my name obsession for the most part, until now!

For Valentine's Day, my husband gave me a name list! Here it is:

Boy's names:

1 Mohondas -Gandhi's original first name

2 Agustus -of Rome

3 Caesar -of Rome

4 Atticus -of To Kill A Mockingbird

5 Bortolome -de las Casas

6 Everett -A name I pushed hard a while ago that he wasn't crazy about, go
    figure

7 Mowgli -of the Jungle Book

8 Roran -of the Eragon book series

9 Kingston -Jamaica

10 Nesta -Bob Marley's middle name

11 Salvador -The other name my in-laws considered for my husband. He never liked it and was always so glad he wasn't named that until I told him I really like it, but I prefer Salvator, with a T.

Girl's names:

1 Rachel -my name, which I also love

2 Azalea -He recently told me he likes floral/nature names for girls. :/

3 Camila -see above

4 Isabel -One of the few names we agree on, but we use the Spanish pronunciation EE-suh-bel

5 Aurelia -for its connection to Rome

6 Acacia -for the tree :/

7 Rebecca

8 Lyra

9 Pierina -His grandmother's name, She goes by Pat.

10 Patricia - My grandmother's name, She went by Pat. Also, his mother's name, but she hates it and goes by Tisha (NOT Trisha, haha).

11 Sequoia -For the tree, the national park, and I think a Native American association?

12 Lilac -Yes, for the plant :/ But the Spanish version Lila sounds better to me.

No offense to anyone who likes plant names for girls, it's just NMS. Also, our last name ends in S, so Mohondas, Agustus, and Atticus are pretty unusable in my opinion. I irrationally can't stand names that begin with C, so Caesar and Camila are basically out as well.Anyway, it's the thought that counts! I am overjoyed that he wrote a list for me!

So, what do you all think? Do you have any suggestions of other names he might like (hopefully ones that I might like too)?

My top names are Lysander, Monroe, and Sante for a boy and Odette and Fiametta for a girl.

Yay! Count yourself a lucky woman. Most husbands I read about here on Nameberry can't seem to do anything but veto Mom's choices without offering any options of their own! My favourite on the boys list is Bartolomé (this is the correct de las Casas spelling) and Everett. The girls list has some lovely ones: Aurelia (fave) Isabel and Rachel. I love Lysander, Odette and Fiammetta (this spelling is the correct Italian spelling). I think you're right to avoid names that end in "s" with your "S" surname.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Bartolomé is one of my favorites of his usable suggestions, but our surname begins with M and the initials B.M. really bother me, but I wonder if normal people think of the hospital abbreviation for bowel movements when they hear BM?

Quote Originally Posted by rachelane27 View Post
    Bartolomé is one of my favorites of his usable suggestions, but our surname begins with M and the initials B.M. really bother me, but I wonder if normal people think of the hospital abbreviation for bowel movements when they hear BM?
    I don't know if many people would be familiar with BM for bowel movements. Maybe health professionals. But wouldn't he have a middle name anyway? Just make sure you're careful with the mn initial (eg. avoid a vowel like U because the his initials would be BUM). Now, BAM would be cool. You could give him the nn Bam-Bam.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I like Everett, Aurelia, Lyra and Isabel. Of your own choices, I adore Monroe and Odette. I say you've got some nice names (Avoided picking names ending in -s... Although I have to say, that I so prefer Augustus over Agustus )
    My future ladies:
    Lý, Matilda, Lydia, Píl, Elsa, Anja, Lovisa, Flykra, Annalisa, Elisabeth & Ró

My future gentlemen:
    Ravnur, Oskar, Ùlvur & Linus