Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is This Right?

Is This Right?

I was just wondering is it right to name your children after a character on a T.V. show or film or even another celebrity you admire?.
    Is it right and would you do it, and if so what T.V. shows films or celebrity's do you like and what characters names do you like?.

I would definitely do it! I have always loved Meredith from Greys Anatomy. If my sisters son had been a girl, he would have been named Peyton after the character on One Tree Hill.

Why not? My mom was named after Grace Kelly. My cousin wants to name a boy Luke after Luke Skywalker. I named my cat Eliza after Eliza Doolittle (and would consider it for a child too). I also like Caspian for a boy after Prince Caspian from the Narnia books.

Enjoying being a newlywed..................................................... .....................
    Elena | Clara | Ruby | Elizabeth | Juliet | Anastasia | Cordelia
    Henry | Lucas | Nathaniel | Isaac | Phillip | Caspian | Everett
    .....................................................but dreaming of little ones down the road.

I don't see any problem as long as the name isn't so rare that the character/star is all you think of when you hear it (eg. I'm thinking of a name like Katniss from the Hunger Games).
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Totally! I was named after Natalie Wood (my mom loved her!) and what's strange is that I sort of look like her :O

I especially want to name any potential daughters after characters or authors (Elinor from Sense and Sensibility, Charlotte (Lottie) as in Charlotte Bronte (one of my favorite authors), and one of my sons after a favorite celebrity (Hugh, as in Hugh Bonneville)). I've known people that have named their kids after presidents (Reagan, Carter, Theodore, etc.) and writers (Emerson) and even characters (Hermione, Forrest, as in Forrest Gump lol).

I tend to like particular names because of their sound and because of a specific meaning attached to them, be it a family member, mentor, favorite character, or other personal hero. I think that so long as it's not someone crazy or otherwise scandalous, go for it!
    Lovely Ladies: Edith nn Edie, Ada, Millie, Honor nn Nora, Elinor, Beatrice nn Bea, Eloise, Elizabeth nn Lilibet, Ina, Lucy, Cecily/Cecilia, Lillian nn Lily, and Clara

Dashing Gents: Hugh, Edmund, Rowan, Fulton, Oliver nn Ollie, Jasper, Christopher nn Kit, Theodore, Vincent, Benedict, Joseph, and Graham/Graeme

Guilty Pleasures: Remus nn Remy, Rufus, Ezra, Emerson, Joaquin, Albus, Shepherd, Armand // Maud, Agnes, Penelope, and Constance