Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

I can't imagine

using any name without hesitation b/c I am so into names!

I do love Davenport for a male and Harvest for a female, but would use them probably as middle names.

I am far bolder with middles!

Oh yes!

Quote Originally Posted by vasilisa View Post
    All the names I would actually use are unusual. I don't really understand the concept of being "brave enough" to use a name. What is there to be afraid of, except the possibility that some people will disapprove? I don't care for the names a lot of people pick out, but they don't need my approval and I don't need theirs. (Sloane? Mackenzie? Addison? To me these are just plain baffling.)

So: Erasmus for a boy, Ondine for a girl. The only person whose approval I care about is my husband, and he likes them both.
    We need more Erasmus and Ondine babies and fewer Sloanes! I too am baffled with the Sloane/Mackenzie/Addison thing.

Mine would be Hezekiah for a boy, and Liesel for a girl.
    I adore these names, but they are definitely too uncommon where I live, for my family and friends to accept. But then again, DH does love them too, so you never know!
    Last edited by sunkissedchild; February 16th, 2014 at 11:27 PM.
    TTC Baby #1

Austen Theodore|Elliott Hezekiah
    Matilda Florence|Adelaide Elizabeth

I would definitely use Octavius for a boy and Mirabelle for a girl.
    A teenage writer and name lover~
    India Rosemary, Priscilla Beatrice, Louisa Eleanor, Anastasia Faye, Valentina Jane, Flora Guinevere
    Winston Kenneth, Malachi Oliver, Roscoe Carlisle, Simon Glenn, Francis Arthur, Abraham Reuben

My favorite 'unusual' names that would definitely make my list would be.... Elowen, Clementine, Apolline & Holiday and possibly Silence.
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot