Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I'm currently crushing on Asher and Enoch for boys and Cara for a girl. Winston and India are the names I love the most and will probably name my future children, though.
    A teenage writer and name lover~
    India Rosemary, Priscilla Beatrice, Louisa Eleanor, Anastasia Faye, Valentina Jane, Flora Guinevere
    Winston Kenneth, Malachi Oliver, Roscoe Carlisle, Simon Glenn, Francis Arthur, Abraham Reuben

My Valentine would be Zoe.
    2 years ago, I wasn't as hardcore of a name nerd. But once I got drawn into this crazy world, I kept watching Zoe. Zoe isn't really liked on here because it's 'trendy' and in the top 30 which for most is 'too popular'. So I really didn't think about it too much. But then the whole concept of honoring your family members with names hit me with Zoe in the face. Zoe is a close family friend's name, and I call her my grandmother (or Yiayia, since I'm Greek). She has no biological grandchildren, so I thought to honor her with my future daughter's name would be so special for the both of us, because she has been a better grandmother to me than both of my grandmothers combined. It quickly became my favorite name. I can't imagine Zoe not being the most perfect name. The librarian at my school has a granddaughter named Zoë, and I got so excited when she told me! Zoe is just a magical name, it means life, and I can imagine that is the reason it is shooting up in popularity. This is one of the names I will definitely fight for if my future husband doesn't like it, because it so meaningful to me.
    My boy Valentine will be Augustus. I could have chosen some enduring favorites like Gregory or Dimitri or Jason, but Augustus speaks to me.
    I wouldn't have imagined loving the Augustus even a year ago, when I was already a full fledged name nerd. I couple months ago, I was reading through another sites list of names used by Greeks (since I'm Greek and love to find all the cool Greek names), and I stumbled upon Gus. I said, "Gus? how could that be?" the site said it was a pet name for Kosta. Kosta is a short form of Konstantinos, or Constantine. I have never liked Costa/Kosta, but Constantine I do really like. It is related to my name, since saints Konstantinos & Eleni (my name) or Constantine and Helen just go together. I would never give my child the name Constantine, since I know many. But I was hooked on Gus. I wanted that nn. I couldn't find any that I liked. August, Fergus, Angus, Augustine. Nope. I kept reading on Gus threads Augustus. I said to myself, "that name is too grand, no way." But slowly but surely, it became more and more usable, especially since I had read The Fault In Our Stars before going on my Gus quest. I finally said to myself, "If John Green likes it, it must be usable, since all his characters, and both his children, have beautiful names." I posted a thread about Augustus "Gus" being too out there, and berries seemed to like it. One of the posters even had a son named Augustus, and told me she was having a positive experience with her son's name. I was hooked. I now have to prepare myself for the disappointment I feel when my future husband shoots it down and calls it ridiculous. I just love the nn Gus. It is so cute. It translates into Greek too (Avgustos, which is Augustine, the month of August, and technically Augustus! I have made it work for my crazy Greek family). I think Augustus is fabulous.
    Zoe and Augustus are my Valentines this year!
    Last edited by hardertobreathe; February 15th, 2014 at 08:10 PM.
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Jane | Persephone | Ariadne | Lilia | Nicoletta | Nina | Natalia |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Jude | Paul | Basil | Abram | Tobias | Samuel | Thomas | James |
    Pondering:
    | Artemis | Cecilia | Cora | Delia | Helen | Helena | Lena | Raphaela | Ambrose | Elliott | Ephraim | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Briseis | Mercy | Lachlan | Emerson | Callum | Owen |

Have a fabulous day!

@marshmallow1207- I'v been hearing people loving Jubilee recently, it has a beautiful sound too it, even though I'm not really a fan of word names. Sage has a spunky-ness (like Paige, which I love) to it, I would love to meet a Sage.
    @polina- your Felix story was really interesting. I never knew anything about Felix Yusupov, that is really cool. I love Felix too.
    @myosotis- I really like Pandora too, but all the brands turns me off to it. I posted a thread about it a while ago, not remembering the radio or bracelet companies, and got lots of negative response. Its a shame, since Pandora is so beautiful sounding and a cool myth.
    @claroswinoswald- I love the nn Kit, and dislike all the full names for it. I feel your pain.
    @castielwings- I really like Calliope. It is beautiful, and I love the connection you have with the music boxes (I love music boxes too), I think you should use it. If people can name their kids California and Callie and Penelope, Calliope isn't too out there!
    @beeba- I love Asher, and Winston is adorable. Cara is so sweet and India is sweet and saucy, although I wouldn't use it myself because I'm not a fan of place names and I wasn't a fan of the India in Gone With The Wind, I think it has a sweet and melodic sound and the nn Indie is adorable.
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Jane | Persephone | Ariadne | Lilia | Nicoletta | Nina | Natalia |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Jude | Paul | Basil | Abram | Tobias | Samuel | Thomas | James |
    Pondering:
    | Artemis | Cecilia | Cora | Delia | Helen | Helena | Lena | Raphaela | Ambrose | Elliott | Ephraim | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Briseis | Mercy | Lachlan | Emerson | Callum | Owen |

Have a fabulous day!

I love Aira. I love the sound and the shape of the letters and everything about it.

I first met her in the form of Ira Hath, a prophetess in the series 'The Wind on Fire'. Since Ira (with the eye-ra pronunciation) is a boy's name in the real world I had to find a legitimate female version in order to love it with wild abandon. It look a long time but when I found Finnish Aira and heard a few Finnish people say it the way I love on Forvo, I was sold

If I end up using it then I know there'll be pronunciation problems. People are bound to say 'air-a' instead of 'eye-ra' but to me, that's nothing a short explanation can't fix.

I love August. I love the formality of it. It sounds like its description, regal and calming.

I first met him in the form of August Winds, the nephew of the main character in the book 'Spring Moon' (set throughout the time of Cultural Revolution China). My only drawback is the lack of nicknames. I like Gusto but not Gus and Augie feels like someone is stabbing my ears.

I love Merit. I love the short sharpness of it and the happy noise that Merry makes.

I first met her here on Nameberry and I was torn because it was a word name and I'm not allowed to like illegitimate names. I put her to one side until I was watching a programme about ancient Egypt and one of the women they were studying was named Merit. I was so happy when I did extra research and discovered that it had a massive history as a name and I could love it as much as I wanted. It went right up to second on my girl's list.
    Last edited by renrose; February 16th, 2014 at 06:36 AM.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

I absolutely love hearing how everyone's favorite names came to be. I want to add that I despised Augustus until I read @hardertobreathe 's story and now I'm strangely liking it! I agree with @hardertobreathe when it comes to Calliope. I don't think it's too out there at all, and I would love it if I met one! I also know a little girl named Merritt Elizabeth, @renrose. She wears her name so well!
    18 | Name lover | No babies, just planning.

Check out my Name Blog! Latest post 10/14/2014 http://nameloves.blogspot.com/