Names Searched Right Now:
Page 155 of 192 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 ... LastLast
    Welcome, Harriet! Congratulations on your baby boy (hooray team boy)!! I know how you feel, I'm so very excited about our first, too. It is a bit sad that although one of my closest friends is also pregnant (she's about 6 weeks or so behind me), she is feeling really miserable, doesn't enjoy being pregnant, and is not all that excited about having an infant. It's definitely hard sometimes to talk to her because I am so excited about everything! Most of my friends/acquaintances are all also mid twenties like myself (I'm 26, married for 3 years) and I feel like there's a great big baby boom happening amongst us all... just like 2-3 years ago there was a huge wedding boom.

I had my 32 week appointment today and all looked good! My labs from my last visit all turned out great (no GD, not anemic, and a clean urine culture), strong heartbeat, and Jameson was head down FINALLY. Hoping he keeps that up, although I could do without the horrific kicks in the ribs. The only crazy thing was that I almost blacked out in the waiting room which the nurse attributed to a blood sugar drop... next time I'll be sure to eat more than a bowl of cereal for breakfast, but I was in a hurry! She also seemed a little concerned (not that she said anything, but I could hear it in her tone) about my weight gain. I'm up 35 lbs, but there's not much I can really do... I've been eating pretty healthy and I try to go for walks though it's been a bit nasty outside for a while. What can you do, sigh. It was just discouraging, because it's not like I've been stuffing my face with cheeseburgers and ice cream this whole time.
    - Em
    Jameson Lewis debuting October 2nd!
    Ronan Charles | Asher Heath
    Lorelei Ruby | Hazel Marian | Nadia Laurel

@harriet - welcome to the thread! I am expecting my first in November as well, but mine is a little girl. How exciting about your gender reveal/shower. It sounds like you had fun. We did a gender reveal but won't have our shower for a few more months.

@Moonkai Yay for the deals and boo for the sickness.

@Jtucker Hope you're feeling better. A couple of teachers at work went home for being sick today so I am hoping to stay away from the germs.

@Harriet welcome!

@July Don't worry too much about weight. I don't think 35 lbs is too bad at 32 weeks. As long as you are eating healthy, nutritious food that's all you can do. Baby knows what he needs.

Apollo has been sitting really low the last couple of days and its been a little uncomfortable. Is anyone else doing maternity pictures? I didn't think we would be able to afford it with the fact the we are also in the process of buying a house but we found out that my parents are paying for a newborn photography session for us and the photographer will only charge us $100 for a mini maternity session and we will get a disc of our images. I am super excited about it.
    Expecting our December Rainbow!
    Fiona/Ophelia/Daphne
    Apollo/Chance/Dhani/Beckett
    My fur babies: Toby and Trixie
    GP: Desdemona/Phadera/Cressida/Devereaux/Tybalt/Tiberius/Kai

@Moonkai sorry it's acting up so badly again. That's terrible. Baby clothes are just so fun, it's easy to over-stock

@jtucker I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. We have a cough here but thankfully none of us feel sick most of the time, it's more of a problem at night and in the morning. I hope you get well soon.

@harriet welcome!

@July I think you are fine. Most of the women I know who over-gain, gain around 60-80 lbs. Don't beat yourself up.

@katie if he sits really low like that for awhile and you get really uncomfortable, ask your Dr. if they can recommend therapy. PT can be really helpful and if your clinic has it, therapy pools are really awesome. I had to do that with Gabe because he was so low the whole pregnancy. It really helped. As for photos we are definitely doing it. We did it with Gabe and I want this little guy to have some too. I'm excited to get some cute photos of Gabe with the belly and the post-birth photo shoot as well.
    Mother of Gabriel Christian, #2 (finally!) on the way!!!!

Top three for baby boy:

Atticus Xavier - Emrys Xavier - Sebastian Xavier

Welcome, Harriet!

@jtucker - boo for being sick and pregnant! Hope you feel better soon!

@julylacs - 35 lbs doesn't seem like that much. My sister gained 50 with each of hers and they were all fine. this webMD article I read broke pregnancy weight gasin down like this -
    Baby: 8 pounds
    Placenta: 2-3 pounds
    Amniotic fluid: 2-3 pounds
    Breast tissue: 2-3 pounds
    Blood supply: 4 pounds
    Stored fat for delivery and breastfeeding: 5-9 pounds
    Larger uterus: 2-5 pounds

Pretty cool, I thought.

@katie, yeah it would definitely be nice to actually enjoy being pregnant. Upside, I got an extra ultrasound to check on the baby's size. Doctor was worried I might be malnourished so he also ran a bunch of blood tests today. I managed to NOT puke up my glucola for my glucose tolerance test, and I am all squared away with my Rhogam - yay!

My bff is supposed to be visiting from California in early September and she is an amazing photographer so she's going to take a set for me, otherwise I'll pay another friend of mine who is a professional photographer - I know she'll give me a good rate.
    Baby Sequoia Orion due October 2014!
    Other favorites: Cytheria, Arcadia, Seraphina, Caspian, Gideon