Names Searched Right Now:
Page 152 of 271 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 162 202 252 ... LastLast
    I'm 28 weeks along! Very exciting. Have an appt tuesday to get my glucose tolerance test and rhogam shot (fun...). Crazy to think I'll now be seeing the doctor every 2 weeks. Also starting seeing a therapist, as I strongly suspect I have prepartum depression, largely due to my struggles with hyperemesis gravidarum. I'm going to talk to my doctor about going on preganncy disability leave for the remainder of the time. Yesterday I went home early from work because every time I stood up I felt like I was going to collapse.

In good news, my mom sent me a homemade quilt with adorable evergreen trees on it and a bunch of nice, used baby clothes from Once Upon A Child that she picked out. I feel guilty for being annoyed that a number of items are powder blue and have cars, trucks, and football on them. I know, I know, it isn't a huge deal, and I am very grateful that it looks like I won't have to buy any clothes, other than maybe a few packs of plain white onesies for my shower (we're going to have a fabric paint station and a tie-dye station).

Still trying to figure out baby shower details. We're thinking about renting out a picnic shelter at a local park and having it be a pot luck. Depending on how I'm feeling, I might even make angel food cupcakes. Hard for me to think about it right now, I'm just so utterly exhausted.

In other good news, I got a 'B' on my draft Capstone Project, so hopefully I'll be able to make some really good revisions over the next 3 weeks, and then I'm pretty much done, other than a short reflection paper due in 4 weeks.
    Baby Sequoia Orion born 11-8-14!
    Other favorites: Cytheria, Arcadia, Seraphina, Caspian, Gideon

@moonkai - so glad to hear you are able to see a therapist, I know you weren't going to be able to get in at first. And that's great about your capstone project draft, you are almost done hooray!

I too have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday. I'm getting my glucose testing done as well, I've had it done once before since diabetes runs in my family, but I still don't look forward to it.

@ Moonkai I'm so glad you are having luck finding help. I hear you on the boy themed baby clothes. We are not particularly sporty and so don't really like to dress our boys in those themes. I honestly kept that stuff for emergency only situations and quite bit of it went unused with Gabe. It is nice not to have to worry about clothes those so I completely get your struggle. I would love to see a pic of the quilt. I love quilts! I had rhogam and tetanus last week, I was surprised they gave me another rhogam shot after the one I had at 6 weeks. But oh well, as long as baby is safe. I'm glad they are letting me skip a second fasting test for GD. The last one was the most difficult one I've ever had to do and they said I night have to do a second now, but have changed their minds. Congrats on the capstone! The relief of being at the end is wondrous!

My hubby, son, sister, brother-in-law and I took a trip today to move my dad's stuff to our garage from a town a couple of hours away. It was exhausting and hot. I'm glad it is done though. Moving mid-summer 7 months pregnant is rough. We all survived though, and at least that is done!
    Last edited by lookingahead; August 4th, 2014 at 12:29 AM.
    Mother of Gabriel Christian and Emrys Atticus.

The ones that got away:
    Felicity, Anne, Iantha, Penelope, Elowen
    Walter, Sebastian, Edmund, Arthur, Fredrick

@moonkai - about the cars, trucks, footballs, funny you say that because I've told people that if baby is a boy to please avoid buying anything with transportation of any kind on it. lol.
    little Mister Arthur Genki due 22nd November 2014 <3

Edmund / Linden
    Daisy / Rosamund

@lookingahead I read that the Rhogam shot only lasts for 12 weeks. If that's the case it makes sense they gave you another one. I couldn't upload a photo of the quilt, ugh, the photo things seems to only work sporadically on here, LOL.

@jessio - LOL! I should have said that, too. I figured my mother would know better but I guess not!
    Baby Sequoia Orion born 11-8-14!
    Other favorites: Cytheria, Arcadia, Seraphina, Caspian, Gideon