Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 202 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    My ultrasound is March 3. So far my symptoms involve super sore breasts, frequent urination, and I guess you could say mood swings. The reason why I say somewhat mood swings is because I an so far pretty even keel except for that fact that I cried 3 times yesterday and once this morning. Seriously, yesterday I asked DH to open a jar for me and he said "okay only if you give me a smile" in a sweet way, and I started balling. Why? I have no clue! lol

We will be telling our parents tonight. I originally wanted to wait until after the first ultrasound but today is my mom's bday so I thought it would be a great way to tell my parents. We will call and tell his parents afterwards.
    Last edited by katieree331; February 14th, 2014 at 01:42 PM.
    Expecting our December Rainbow!
    Fiona/Ophelia/Daphne
    Apollo/Chance/Dhani/Beckett
    My fur babies: Toby and Trixie
    GP: Desdemona/Phadera/Cressida/Devereaux/Tybalt/Tiberius/Kai

@sarahmmezz and devonnw85 I hope you both have success and join our end of 2014 group!

@katieree331 that is so sweet. We are going to make an April fool's announcement. Though I've told a few of the ladies at work. I'm so excited I'm having a hard time keeping it in.

So far I have sore breasts and a ridiculous sense of smell and have been napping a lot. I'm emotional too. My last pregnancy I didn't have sore boobs until at least half way through and never had smell issues. I just wish I had time to sleep all of the time!
    Mother of Gabriel Christian.
    Soon to arrive: Emrys Atticus

Hey girls! I just got my BFP Friday (valentines day/ my birthday). Best Present Ever! I will be 4 weeks Monday so it's still super duper early. I'm going back Monday for blood work to make sure my beta is increasing. My EDD is 10/27 according to fertility friend. Wishing you all a happy and healthy nine months!
    Mom to Jude Robert (June 2012)
    BFP 2/14/14 - EDD 10/27/14

Current Favorites
    XX : Amelie Eloise Georgia Lulu Petal Rosie Valentine Waverly
    XY: Atticus August Clark Ellis Harvey Lincoln Leo Louis Patrick Ray

Congrats!! Welcome to the thread!

So today my family went to lunch with my sister and brother-in-law and I realized that maybe my sister shouldn't reproduce. She has never struck me as the mother type and she has even stated multiple times that she's not so sure that she wants kids. But honestly I always thought she'd grow out of it. She's been married about 4 years now and is 27, but I really think maybe she should follow that initial instinct of hers. I love her to death, she's always been my closest sister, but she's also one of the most selfish people I've ever met.

All of that being said, I couldn't hold it in and told her I am pregnant. She's excited for me (well as excited as she is able to get for other people anyway) and asked when I'm due. I told her October 15th which is going to make work great for me because that is the busiest time of year for us and now I'm not going to have to deal with it. Her response was, "well, I mean, you're only going to take like a week off aren't you?" I laughed because I thought she was joking and told her it would be more like 6-8 weeks. She was completely horrified. I tried to tell her that even if you ignored the want to be with your new baby and just looked at the exhaustion of taking care of your new baby, a new mom needs time to recover and get used to this new little life. She told me that she just can't imagine taking off more than a week of work for any reason, even this.

I was just so shocked. I've never seen her as a mom, but I always thought that would change. Now I wonder if she should even risk it. I'm not so sure she would adapt!

I just had to share because I was just so floored by her reaction.