• Emilia "Mila"

18 50.00%
  • Gwen

5 13.89%
  • Ruby

6 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Name for a Little Lady..

Caroline is so sweet, classic, timeless, and great at any age pronounced like the song "Sweet Caroline"

Emilia - nickname Mila is uncommon where I live, but not unheard of- a bit of classic with a twist.

Gwen- I don't like any of the longer forms of Gwen, but I have a sweet spot for Gwen!

Ruby- I'm torn on this one. Classic? Trendy? Common? Underused? I've never met a Ruby, but I love it paired with a lot of names.

Brother would be Jack or Leo

Middles would be Olivia/Jane or Olivia Jane...

Caroline Olivia Jane
    Emilia "Mila" Jane
    Gwen Olivia Jane
    Ruby Jane/Ruby Olivia Jane
    Last edited by kristinjade; February 13th, 2014 at 11:09 AM. Reason: clarifying pronunciation
    Name Nerd

No kids (yet), not even trying... but, I can't help but dream of beautiful (and ever-changing) names for my future children!

1. Ruby
    2. Emilia
    3. Gwen
    4. Caroline
    Constantly looking for the perfect names for my future little ones.

I voted for Gwen, lovely and not very common. So many Ruby's/Rubie's in the UK!

I like Mila but would prefer Camille/Camilla rather than Emilia, I do think Jane as a middle is lovely

LOVE LOVE LOVE Emilia (although I prefer the nn Milly to Mila). I like Gwen, but prefer it as a nn for Gwendolyn. I'm not a big fan of Ruby since I know many dogs with this name. I have never liked Caroline because I've had bad experiences with several Carolines. And Emilia is definitely the most classic and ladylike out of these names!
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    Zoe, Veronica, Selene, Thalia, Magdalena, Adeline, Alice, Cleo, Isadora/Isidora, & Phoebe

Dimitri, Gregory, Augustus, Jude, Tobias, Jason, Leo, Orion, Samuel, & Charles

Crushing On: Nicoletta, Louisa, Ariadne & Benjamin, Nico, Peregrine

Have a fabulous day!

I like all of your names individually. Here are my thoughts on each one.

Caroline - a lovely classic. I think I like it better with Jack because the name contains all of the letters in Leo. I voted for this one.

Emilia nn Mila - A pretty name and must less popular than Amelia but the "lia" ending is too similar in sound to Leo. It does seem more exotic and longish next to Jack.

Gwen - I prefer this version to the longer ones as well. I like the name with both boys.

Ruby - This name goes better with Leo. A sibset of Jack and Ruby sounded great until I realized that Jack Ruby shot President Kennedy's assassin Lee Harvey Oswald. Yikes.
    All the best,
    Mischa.