Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zara

7 70.00%
  • Zahra

3 30.00%

Thread: Zahra or Zara

Zahra or Zara

Just wanted to know what you guys think of these two names. I like the Zahra spelling more but I have only seen it on Middle Eastern women and I am Australian. Do you think it might be a problem?
    Current Name Crushes;
    Girls:
    Arya Sky, Ayla Elise, Zahra Rosalie, Elodie Grace, Adelaide Ruby, Amelie Hera, Saphira Hope, Sadie Felice, Norah Celene, Leora Anneliese
    Boys:
    Zephaniah, Soren, Cohen, Landon, Elijah, Malakai, Seth, Reuben, Ezekiel, Zane

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    -Mahatma Gandhi
    Pinterest: Darlene Yim

I don't think the spelling of Zahra is a problem at all. I prefer it because "Zara" is a store to me.

I mean, the name is inherently Arab any way you spell it. So at the end you can go with whatever you prefer.
    { Current Faves }

Azura | Antigone | Charlotte | Desdemona | Imogen | Linnea | Theodora | Minerva | Ophelia

Cassius | Linneaus | Massimo | Gabriel | Thaddeus/Taddeo | Matteo | Theodore | Xanthus | Xavier

@lerenard Awesome, yeah when I first heard the name and was looking up other spelling options this big online store advertisement for a shop called Zara came up. That made me want the other spelling even more lol.
    @olimpia Lol for some reason I didn't even think of that..thanks!

I noticed that the poll results show Zara to be more preferred. Why is this? Do you guys like the simple, straight-forward spelling better? Or is it just the Arabian name association?
    Current Name Crushes;
    Girls:
    Arya Sky, Ayla Elise, Zahra Rosalie, Elodie Grace, Adelaide Ruby, Amelie Hera, Saphira Hope, Sadie Felice, Norah Celene, Leora Anneliese
    Boys:
    Zephaniah, Soren, Cohen, Landon, Elijah, Malakai, Seth, Reuben, Ezekiel, Zane

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    -Mahatma Gandhi
    Pinterest: Darlene Yim