Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My current list - including Savina, Carolina, and Edith...

Other names I like include Josephine, Margaret/Margot, Evangeline, Linus, and Felix.

Ideally, I want something more old-fashioned and not too popular right now. I don't have an issue with popularity but top 10 names are super popular here and I want something refreshing and that stands out (in a good way) from the crowd.

Here's my current list. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Adelaide - any nicknames besides Addie?
    Alida
    Alena
    Alexandra - favorite nicknames?
    Carolina - how do you think most people would pronounce this?
    Charlotte
    Cora
    Edith
    Eva/Eve - nickname Evie
    Felicity
    Franca - how would you pronounce this?
    Leonie
    Lilia - nickname Lily, what other names for Lily?
    Louisa
    Lydia
    Mary
    Maya - a bit too popular compared to the rest of my list?
    Miriam
    Ruby
    Savina
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

Quote Originally Posted by casilda View Post
    Other names I like include Josephine, Margaret/Margot, Evangeline, Linus, and Felix.

Ideally, I want something more old-fashioned and not too popular right now. I don't have an issue with popularity but top 10 names are super popular here and I want something refreshing and that stands out (in a good way) from the crowd.

Here's my current list. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Adelaide - any nicknames besides Addie?
    Alida
    Alena
    Alexandra - favorite nicknames?
    Carolina - how do you think most people would pronounce this?
    Charlotte
    Cora
    Edith
    Eva/Eve - nickname Evie
    Felicity
    Franca - how would you pronounce this?
    Leonie
    Lilia - nickname Lily, what other names for Lily?
    Louisa
    Lydia
    Mary
    Maya - a bit too popular compared to the rest of my list?
    Miriam
    Ruby
    Savina
    My favorites are Alida, Alena, Carolina, Charlotte, Leonie and Lilia.
    Tristan Gilbert°Robin Amaury°Leon Percival°Edmund Theoderic°Finn Beowulf°Magnus Oberon°Thorin Elliot°Edric Maximilian°Emil Orlando
    Freya Elysant°Belle Seraphina°Leda Cassiopeia°Briony Rosaline°Charlotte Romilly°Lotus Dorothea°Aurora Cecily°Sunniva Eliska
    vote for unusual names

I love your list! Haha could Ladie pn. Lady be a nn for Adelaide? Or even Ada pn. Ay-dah? I love that name too. I personally am not that big a fan of the name Alexandra but Andy or Andrea could be a cute nn..
    I would say most people, including myself would pronounce Carolina as Cah-roh-line-ah as in the U.S. North Carolina. It is pretty and I havn't heard it as a name before, I like it more than Caroline or Carolyn.
    Lol I am glad you are using Evie as a nn..it doesn't seem like much of a name to me personally and Eva/Eve sound like they could suit a woman in all stages of life.
    I would pronounce Franca as Frank-ah. Is that right?
    Lilia is my favourite 'Lily' name by far. Lillian is okay too but other than that I am not really a fan of the name.
    I'm from Australia and I've only heard of one Maya (her name was spelt Mia) and the name is supposed to be popular here too I believe. Ruby is supposed to be popular too but the only ones I know are my friend (her middle name is Ruby) and her grandmother whom she was named in honour of. Absoltely love the names Lydia, Adelaide, Felicity, Maya and Savina (one I don't hear often!)

I hope you find what your'e looking for! Best of luck..
    Current Name Crushes;
    Girls:
    Arya Sky, Ayla Elise, Zahra Rosalie, Elodie Grace, Adelaide Ruby, Amelie Hera, Saphira Hope, Sadie Felice, Norah Celene, Leora Anneliese
    Boys:
    Zephaniah, Soren, Cohen, Landon, Elijah, Malakai, Seth, Reuben, Ezekiel, Zane

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    -Mahatma Gandhi
    Pinterest: Darlene Yim

Lovely names on your list. If you want to avoid anything too popular I'd stay away from Eve/ Eva type names as I hear them a lot..

I really like Lilia, like Lily but a bit more unusual. Ever considered Lavinia? Or Ida? They look a bit like names on your list, unusual & retro feel..

Adelaide - Della maybe??
    Alexandra - Andie?
    Carolina - I pronounce this Care-o-lean-a, however a lot of people might pronounce it like the state- depending on where you live.

My favourites are:

Charlotte
    Cora
    Eva/Eve - nickname Evie
    Louisa
    Ruby
    Name Nerd

No kids (yet), not even trying... but, I can't help but dream of beautiful (and ever-changing) names for my future children!