Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My current list - including Savina, Carolina, and Edith...

Other names I like include Josephine, Margaret/Margot, Evangeline, Linus, and Felix.

Ideally, I want something more old-fashioned and not too popular right now. I don't have an issue with popularity but top 10 names are super popular here and I want something refreshing and that stands out (in a good way) from the crowd.

Here's my current list. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Adelaide - any nicknames besides Addie?
    Alida
    Alena
    Alexandra - favorite nicknames?
    Carolina - how do you think most people would pronounce this?
    Charlotte
    Cora
    Edith
    Eva/Eve - nickname Evie
    Felicity
    Franca - how would you pronounce this?
    Leonie
    Lilia - nickname Lily, what other names for Lily?
    Louisa
    Lydia
    Mary
    Maya - a bit too popular compared to the rest of my list?
    Miriam
    Ruby
    Savina
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

Quote Originally Posted by casilda View Post
    Other names I like include Josephine, Margaret/Margot, Evangeline, Linus, and Felix.

Ideally, I want something more old-fashioned and not too popular right now. I don't have an issue with popularity but top 10 names are super popular here and I want something refreshing and that stands out (in a good way) from the crowd.

Here's my current list. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Adelaide - any nicknames besides Addie?
    Alida
    Alena
    Alexandra - favorite nicknames?
    Carolina - how do you think most people would pronounce this?
    Charlotte
    Cora
    Edith
    Eva/Eve - nickname Evie
    Felicity
    Franca - how would you pronounce this?
    Leonie
    Lilia - nickname Lily, what other names for Lily?
    Louisa
    Lydia
    Mary
    Maya - a bit too popular compared to the rest of my list?
    Miriam
    Ruby
    Savina
    My favorites are Alida, Alena, Carolina, Charlotte, Leonie and Lilia.
    Cecily Beatrice, Rosalyn Amoret, Aurora Valkyrie, Charlotte Eliska, Miranda Bridget
    Helena Melody, Magdalena Giselle, Miranda Rosamund, Cecily Bridget
    Robin Lysander, Edmund Lucius, Percy Julian, Magnus Edgar, Edmund Ludwig
    Thorin Emil, Erik Gaspar, Sylvan Felix, Wesley Beowulf

I love your list! Haha could Ladie pn. Lady be a nn for Adelaide? Or even Ada pn. Ay-dah? I love that name too. I personally am not that big a fan of the name Alexandra but Andy or Andrea could be a cute nn..
    I would say most people, including myself would pronounce Carolina as Cah-roh-line-ah as in the U.S. North Carolina. It is pretty and I havn't heard it as a name before, I like it more than Caroline or Carolyn.
    Lol I am glad you are using Evie as a nn..it doesn't seem like much of a name to me personally and Eva/Eve sound like they could suit a woman in all stages of life.
    I would pronounce Franca as Frank-ah. Is that right?
    Lilia is my favourite 'Lily' name by far. Lillian is okay too but other than that I am not really a fan of the name.
    I'm from Australia and I've only heard of one Maya (her name was spelt Mia) and the name is supposed to be popular here too I believe. Ruby is supposed to be popular too but the only ones I know are my friend (her middle name is Ruby) and her grandmother whom she was named in honour of. Absoltely love the names Lydia, Adelaide, Felicity, Maya and Savina (one I don't hear often!)

I hope you find what your'e looking for! Best of luck..
    Current Name Crushes;
    Girls:
    Arya Grace, Ayla Elise, Zahra Rosalie, Elodie Flora, Adelaide Ruby, Amelie Hera, Saphira Hope, Sadie Felice, Norah Celene, Leora Anneliese
    Boys:
    Zephaniah, Soren, Cohen, Landon, Elijah, Malachi, Seth, Reuben, Ezekiel, Zane

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    -Mahatma Gandhi
    Pinterest: Darlene Yim

Lovely names on your list. If you want to avoid anything too popular I'd stay away from Eve/ Eva type names as I hear them a lot..

I really like Lilia, like Lily but a bit more unusual. Ever considered Lavinia? Or Ida? They look a bit like names on your list, unusual & retro feel..

Adelaide - Della maybe??
    Alexandra - Andie?
    Carolina - I pronounce this Care-o-lean-a, however a lot of people might pronounce it like the state- depending on where you live.

My favourites are:

Charlotte
    Cora
    Eva/Eve - nickname Evie
    Louisa
    Ruby
    Name Nerd

No kids (yet), not even trying... but, I can't help but dream of beautiful (and ever-changing) names for my future children!