Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Looking for a name

I'm trying to find a name with a certain feel to it. I want something unusual, somewhat familiar, wearableish but not common.

These names all have the feel of what I'm looking for but none seems quite right.

Ivy
    Nora
    Cyra (prn SEER-ah)
    Celestine
    Astrid
    Eira (prn AIR-ah)
    Nyx

Any suggestions would be highly welcomed. Also any suggestions with a vague relation to nature and the weather.
    Thanks!

Off the top of my head, here are a few:

Calla
    Lux
    Moira
    Sunniva
    Sula
    Liliosa
    Alida

I feel like there's a pretty big difference between Ivy (which is very familiar but still not rampantly popular--familiar, but still semi name-nerdy) and Nyx (which is completely name-nerdy, or maybe just nerdy, and not mainstream in any sense of the imagination). Which style are you leaning more toward at the moment? I like Ivy, Astrid, and Eira from your list, and I love the suggestions of Calla, Liliosa, and Alida. And I would add the suggestions of Lilevi (not sure too much of the history of this, but I know a Berry has a daughter named this, nn Lilou, I believe, and it's said like LIL-ah-vee) and Aleida (a Dutch form of Adelaide, pronounced ah-LIE-dah). I think both are really unusual, but still reachable and spunky. I've really been loving Aleida lately!

It's not necessarily the commonality of the name but more the image these names evoke for me. Thank you guys! Loving all of your suggestions so far.