Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How do you pronounce Simone?

This is a name that my husband and I both like but are unsure about due to pronunciation issues. We both had only heard it with a -moan- ending until recently when we met someone who says it with a -mon- ending.

How do you pronounce it? I'm especially interested to hear from those who of you who may be fluent in French.

Also, what are your thoughts on the name??

Thanks!

sim-OWN

I love this name although I personally prefer Simona!
    eve, miriam, dahlia, esme
    raphael, solomon, jonah, lev

I've only ever heard it pronounced Si-moan, but I love that pronunciation. I think it's feminine and classic, with an ethnic flair.

I've heard both -mon and -moan endings, but -moan is far more common here (Australia).

I don't like it, because of the -moan thing...just not a nice sound, IMO.

Hi!
    So my first language is english and I pronounce it Sih-moan. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX7V8URsl7A Like that.

But I also speak french (and have since I was 5 years old - so I'm pretty fluent). If I were saying it in french, I would say "See-mone" Not sure how to phonetically write the mone, but it wouldn't be the mon from Simon (Sigh-mon). It would be gentler, See-mohn) with the n being gentle. See-m-an (sorta - but only two syllables with the m more attached to the 2nd than the first).

(Canadian Perspective)
    Henry, Viola, Ronan, Kayla, Wyatt & Tessa

Ginny, Jane, Leora, Eve, Bridget, Isla
    Adler, Gideon, Charlie, Atticus, Hugo, Caleb