Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I love Solveig (pronounced SOULvay)! I live in MN and have met a couple of women named Solveig, I imagine it would be hard to use outside of the upper-Midwest though.

I love Viveka/Viveca, Kaia, Lisbet, Lena, Ulla, and LOVE Linnea. How well do you think those names will work? Is Ulla usable in the U.S.? How do you think Viveca would be pronounced?

Probably either vih-vih-ka (Like Vivica Fox) or vih-vee-ka. It's not so different from Vivian that I see people absolutely melting down about it.

Haven't ever heard of it here in Denmark, but I would say that it's pronounced VIH-veh-ka - somewhat like Vibeke.
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog.
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Elessar/Valdemar Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Juno Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

The main thing that confuses English speakers about Scandinavian names is how to pronounce the traditional spelling. So a name like Signe looks confusing but its just Sina. So maybe just change the spelling to be phonetic.
    Eg.
    Signe/ Sina
    Matilde/ Matilda
    Silje/ Celia
    Sonja/ Sonya
    Kathrine/ Katrina
    Nadja/Nadia

Other names...
    Astrid (ah-streed)
    Marit
    Lotte
    Heidi