Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    @xredd - I'm always happy to meet another Arianne lover! It's been on my top 5 for probably 4 years now. It's lovely coming across others who see the appeal! Any other truly French names you really love? I've been considering Ariane because it has more international appeal (French, but also German and Dutch, I believe?), but I'm not sure I could give up my beloved Arianne! I love it so much.

@emsky - Zoe is already on the list! I never seem to be able to use it up front (I'm not sure I can see me with a Zoe?), but I adore it, and I've been trying to fit it on my list for years. I had seriously considered Rachel Zoe Evangeline, but most people seemed to think it was too close to Rachel Zoe. :/ I also like Calla, Penelope, Leda, and Althea (also Anthea!). I've been going through the different nationality lists on BtN, and I'll have to get to Greek names soon.

@iheartm - what are some of your favorites? Out of curiosity? I have looked through French, Scandinavian, and German lists, and I feel like I'm missing something truly unusual and charming (although I came across Odilia today, and I am completely smitten by it!). I have to say, I like some of America's trends (the up-and-coming vintage names, like Isabelle and Violet and Everett and Hazel, for example!), but I agree, a lot of them are rubbish!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I love the spunky, sparky, zippy Z's in Polish names! Luiza, Katarzyna, Natasza, Nadzia, Zofia, Zula, Zuzanna, Zuza.
    Last edited by oiseau; February 11th, 2014 at 02:18 PM. Reason: added more.

loco for rococo

✫

fanciful: Twila Posey, Odette Francesca, Orlaith Glimmer, Fianna Ruby, Poet Cadenza, Indie Nell.
    ///             ///             ///    

Ouen Amos, Cillian Ambrose, Oswin Maverick, Casimir Orlando, Oscar Phineas.  

@oiseau - och, me, too! The random "Z"s and "J"s (and "W"s! How cool are Ewa, Oliwia, Wioletta, Walentyna, etc.?!) get me every time! I met an adorable little old Polish lady this week named Malgorzata--and now I'm completely smitten with it! I adore Zofia and Zosia, as well as Ariadna, Gracja (I would consider this to honor my grandmother alone!), Ziven (boys' name, but I still love it!), Zenobia, etc.

BTW, I love your username! I'm learning French and every time I see your username, I'm saying "l'oiseau, l'oiseau, l'oiseau..." in my head the rest of the day! Animal names are so much more fun in French, haha.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Aww, Malgorzata? That's a new one I haven't seen. I think I quite like it as well! And thank you. I live in a part of Louisiana where French classes are required in high school, but I love the language anyway. It's so charming and there are a lot of beautiful French names! I agree, animal names are fun. Le Corbeau et le Renard is my favorite French poem.
    Last edited by oiseau; February 11th, 2014 at 04:24 PM.

loco for rococo

✫

fanciful: Twila Posey, Odette Francesca, Orlaith Glimmer, Fianna Ruby, Poet Cadenza, Indie Nell.
    ///             ///             ///    

Ouen Amos, Cillian Ambrose, Oswin Maverick, Casimir Orlando, Oscar Phineas.  

Definitely Hebrew names for me! I want all of my children to have at least one Biblical/Hebrew name in their first or middle(s). Some of my favorites for girls are…
    Abigail
    Tamar
    Susannah
    Mary
    Leah
    Shalom (more of a GP)
    Jubilee

Those are just a few if my many favorites
    ~Emily

Ladies...
    Annabel, Carlotta, Tamar, Jubilee, Lorelei, Lola, Josie, Alice, Indira, Claire, Liliosa, Vivienne, Ella, Abigail, Ivy

Gents...
    Jameson, Samuel, Archer, Dominic, Barnaby, Paul, Henry, Oliver, Jadon, Isaac, Harrison, Lawson, Ezra, Rhys

"The most beautiful voice in the world is that of an educated Southern woman."
    (Stolen from @tabby)