Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What's your favorite long name for Bo/Beau?

I'm really loving the nn Bo/Beau lately (especially Bo! I've recently discovered it has Scandinavian roots, as well?), and I've had Boaz nn Beau/Bo on my list for a while now, but I never seem to be able to come up with a combo I genuinely like, so I'm putting it aside for a moment to search for another full name for Bo (Beau?) I could really get behind. What's your favorite way to get to Beau/Bo? Beauregarde, etc., aren't my style at all, so besides that and Boaz, are there any other "Bo" names?

(And @southernmaple, I know just what you'll say about Bo and it being a nn for just about everything, but I'm not sure I feel that way? I'm just not sure it's one of those nicknames. Not for me, anyway. I do love the idea that you've suggested in the past, Benjamin nn Bo, but I'm not sure it'd really catch on?)

Thanks, Berries!

You know me so well, Lise.

Um, you don't like Tobias or Tobiah, do you? I'm trying to think of names with "ob" or "bo" in them... What about Obadiah? Bode? Broderick? Bolan? You could always do BO_ for the initials too. I really have no idea.
    Emily, 18, Southeastern US.
    College student and avid name nerd.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

Beau is so handsome (literally) that I prefer it as a stand alone name.

Never cared for Bo, but it could be a nn for Boyce, Bodhi, or Bolivar. Archery related names will get you Bow/Bo: Bowman and Bowyer (for a stretch: Fletcher, Archer, Robin)

Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Fox * Greer
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Linden * Arden

I saw someone once suggest that you could use Bo as a nn for Robert-- I thought it might be a bit of stretch, but I liked the idea of it.

I also have a friend whose brother's name is Brian, but they call him Bo-- so I wonder if it just could work for any "B" name..

I love Bo as a nickname and Beau as a full name
    Name Nerd

No kids (yet), not even trying... but, I can't help but dream of beautiful (and ever-changing) names for my future children!

Now a Scandinavian will just jump in quickly. ^^

Bo is scandinavian name,but here in Denmark (or at least with people I know) it's used like a teasing name along with Bob. Also Bo means living (like living in a house), which might make it real odd to be name, when you're from Denmark. Of course we do have people of older age named this, so I think you'd be able to pull it off. A joke I know about the name is:

"Well.. if I ever had a boy, I'll name him Bo, because then I cannot be angry with him, as the name is just too funny."

I just thought you'd like to know that. ^^
    Proud Auntie/cousin to;
    Silke (23-8-11), Sophia (18-11-11), Victoria (13-8-13) & Hopefully little Alex (due Dec!)

Dagmar Selene ~ Lystra Science ~ Linde Harriet ~ Oswald Seth ~ Laurel Bellamy ~