Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thoughts on Sheridan

I know a lot of berries don't like boy names on girls, but Nameberry suggests this one gets a new life on a girl. What's your opinion on Sheridan? I quite like it to honor a Sheri.
    Mom to Emberlee Shea. Expecting #2 Aug 2014.

There was a girl at school with this name and she always got Sheridan which I didn't mind but later I knew people called her Sherry which I didn't like at all.
    Psalm 23

I would ignore most of the official Nameberry Team advice for the most part; they've been criticized massively on the forums for a while now.

Sheridan has a very dated feel to me. It's really 'chavy' where I'm from - but I don't think that sort of social structure and conditioning exists outside the UK, nor do I particularly think it should matter. I'm personally just not a fan. I feel like she'd have sister Ashley and Brooke... just dated surnamey names.

I do have a soft spot of Irish surnames on the whole though, particularly for girls. I'd suggest... Madigan, Brennan, Greer, Blythe, Tierney?
    ✿ Jemima Rosemary - Fenella Beatrix Margaret - Eilidh Briar Lettice - Sibylla Agnes ''Billie''✿
    ✿ Alec Tadhg - Emmett Huw - Rufus Caspian - Harrison Rhett ✿

Susie, Magdalena, Viola, Imogen, Octavia, Ailbhe, Jessa, Raphaela, Medora, Amelia, Annabella, Ophelia, Lana.
    Oscar, Dylan, Breccan, Ingram, Wilbur, Vincent, Wolfie, Keaton, Wilfred

Traveller at heart and dreaming of future babes, but mostly I'm just an expat teenage girl from England...http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/

I'm not a fan of Sheridan for a girl, or a boy really. As a name, Sheridan feels really masculine.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

To be honest I don't really like it. If you wanted to honour a Sheri there are other names that could do it, personally I like Sheree or Sherie. You could still do it as a middle name if you weren't too sure. Best of luck!
    Current Name Crushes;
    Girls:
    Arya Sky, Ayla Elise, Zahra Rosalie, Elodie Grace, Adelaide Ruby, Amelie Hera, Saphira Hope, Sadie Felice, Norah Celene, Leora Anneliese
    Boys:
    Zephaniah, Soren, Cohen, Landon, Elijah, Malakai, Seth, Reuben, Ezekiel, Zane

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    -Mahatma Gandhi
    Pinterest: Darlene Yim