Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thoughts on Sheridan

I know a lot of berries don't like boy names on girls, but Nameberry suggests this one gets a new life on a girl. What's your opinion on Sheridan? I quite like it to honor a Sheri.
    Mom to Emberlee Shea. Expecting #2 Aug 2014.

There was a girl at school with this name and she always got Sheridan which I didn't mind but later I knew people called her Sherry which I didn't like at all.
    Psalm 23

I would ignore most of the official Nameberry Team advice for the most part; they've been criticized massively on the forums for a while now.

Sheridan has a very dated feel to me. It's really 'chavy' where I'm from - but I don't think that sort of social structure and conditioning exists outside the UK, nor do I particularly think it should matter. I'm personally just not a fan. I feel like she'd have sister Ashley and Brooke... just dated surnamey names.

I do have a soft spot of Irish surnames on the whole though, particularly for girls. I'd suggest... Madigan, Brennan, Greer, Blythe, Tierney?
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

I'm not a fan of Sheridan for a girl, or a boy really. As a name, Sheridan feels really masculine.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

To be honest I don't really like it. If you wanted to honour a Sheri there are other names that could do it, personally I like Sheree or Sherie. You could still do it as a middle name if you weren't too sure. Best of luck!
    Current Name Crushes;
    Girls:
    Arya Sky, Ayla Elise, Zahra Rosalie, Elodie Grace, Adelaide Ruby, Amelie Hera, Saphira Hope, Sadie Felice, Norah Celene, Leora Anneliese
    Boys:
    Zephaniah, Soren, Cohen, Landon, Elijah, Malakai, Seth, Reuben, Ezekiel, Zane

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    -Mahatma Gandhi
    Pinterest: Darlene Yim