Names Searched Right Now:

Thoughts on Lennox?

I was browsing through Scottish boy names since I have Scottish ancestry and came across the name Lennox. I think the name looks and sounds good so I have been thinking about naming my son this. I also like the nickname Len.

Some concerns I have with the name: I know there is a Lennox heating and cooling company, which some will associate with the name. While I like the nickname Len, I am not a fan of Lenny (reminds me of the Simpson's character and the mentally challenged guy from 'Of Mice and Men') so I wouldn't really want people calling him this. Also it seems like the names with an X in them are kind of trendy at this time, and would prefer to avoid a trendy name. I realize that every name has the potential downsides like this, so I don't really have too many problems looking past these things because I really do like the name Lennox quite a bit. Could I get some thoughts from all of you on whether you like the name or not, and what your opinion is on some of the concerns I have?

Also, I was trying to think of middle names for Lennox. He is going to be half Panamanian, so we were thinking of a middle name of Spanish origin. Some ideas were:

Lennox Diego
    Lennox Cruz
    Lennox Andreas
    Lennox Blas
    Lennox Cedro
    Lennox Cidro
    Lennox Senon
    Lennox Montes
    Lennox Eduardo

...any other ideas would be appreciated as well!

Just fyi other names that I was/am considering but still below Lennox on my list:

Callum
    Torin
    Blake
    Douglas
    Silas
    Dylan/Dillon

I like Lennox Douglas

or Douglas Lennox.

Lennox has been a classic Scottish name since well before the current love affair with "x" male names. Today people are pretty good at using the name the kid comes with, though Lenny could be a risk.

I think it's a fabulous name! (of course I am Scottish!)

Quote Originally Posted by lesliemarion View Post
    or Douglas Lennox.

Lennox has been a classic Scottish name since well before the current love affair with "x" male names. Today people are pretty good at using the name the kid comes with, though Lenny could be a risk.

I think it's a fabulous name! (of course I am Scottish!)
    Thanks for the reply! We were trying to go for a Spanish middle name to honor his Panamanian heritage, but I agree, Lennox Douglas does sound great!

I like it.
    How about the nn Lex?
    Or even Leno?
    BABY GIRL FINALLY DUE 5 October after 2 Years of IVF
    Delivery booked: Debuting on or before 26th September!

Current favourite "top" 3 girls names for little Miss: Phoebe Rose Eloise
    Other (MNs probably) we like: Matilda Madeleine Charlotte Eliza Violet Kate Jade Elizabeth Iris Scarlett Felicity Chloe

Current (but never to be used...) favourite boy names: Oliver Thomas Henry William Alexander Flynn Liam Hugo Isaac Bennett Nikolai Reid Edward nn Ned Gus Tobias Austin Blake

It's a girl's name on a Disney show and is bound to get popular as a girl's name in about 5-10 years because of that.

Also, it's a fine crystal and china company.... Also feminine.

But, I DO like it, just thought you'd want to know.
    Last edited by nevara; February 10th, 2014 at 07:23 AM.