Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation Never Should Have Asked: My List According to My Sister

So, it started with me just casually asking my sister about a name I was considering booting from my list, Kerensa. What ensued was a full on battle over my name list. It was pretty funny. I listed her responses as follows.

Anastasia: "No. She was a executed."
    Arcadia: "Like the University?"
    Aurelia: "Like 'I'll rail ya!'?"
    Cordelia: "Reminds me of corduroy. No."
    Daphne: "Scooby Doo!"
    Genevieve: "No. Just name her Ginny. If you name your kid Genevieve, I'll smack you and fight for custody of your kid."
    Kerensa: "Sounds like the furniture, Credenza."
    Josephine: "You aren't Mexican."
    Evangeline: "Where the **** do you come up with this stuff? Sounds like Angelica."
    Marina: "You'd name your kid after a place you keep a boat?"
    Sabrina: "The teenage witch!"

Other like Amaryllis and Hadley also got mocking responses, but I didn't write them down. After bashing Genevieve, I was afraid to mention Dulcinea, Holiday, Nerissa, Olympia, Gelasia, and Araminta. (is Genevieve really that bad? It's my #1, so I'm kind of sad...)

It amazes how oblivious to legitimate names non-name nerds can be, lol.
    ~Larissa *~ Back from Nameberry hiatus with revamped list! ~*

Luminescent Ladies ~~**

* Genevieve Aurelia Bright * Waverly Cordelia Sage * Holiday Elysia Margaux *
    * Electra Sophie Marigold * Amaryllis Everly Claire * Savannah Jessamine Lake *
    * Arcadia Emmeline Fleur * * Calliope Annabel Joy * Bellamy Juniper Snow *

Magnificent Men~~**

* Phineas Jack Orion * Orlando Archer Luke * Simon Apollo Levi * Jasper Elias Gray *

Wooooooowwww. Some of these are just hilariously ignorant. "You aren't Mexican?" Really? I mean, come on, they don't even have a J sound in Spanish! Just wooooww.

Seriously, do not listen to anything she said. At all. Genevieve is perfectly nice, I even knew how to pronounce it [the non-French way] at an early age thanks to Madeline. And now I know a teenage Genevieve whose name suits her perfectly and who has never had pronunciation problems, to my knowledge. Your list is lovely.
    Gwen
    (film student, name nerd, regular nerd, bad influence)

Current favorites:
    Ismay Cleo Sybella Ailsa Iphigenia
    Prosper Sirius August Malcolm Zephyr

HahHaha oh man those are all awesome names. Id like to see her name list.....
    Cheers,
    alphabetters

Elena Rose (nn Ellie Rose/Laney) and Felicity Iris Ruth (nn Lissy)
    Due June 2014 with Archer Lawrence (nn Archie) or Genevieve Aurora (nn Eve)

Quote Originally Posted by geeknamezyo View Post
    Wooooooowwww. Some of these are just hilariously ignorant. "You aren't Mexican?" Really? I mean, come on, they don't even have a J sound in Spanish! Just wooooww.

Seriously, do not listen to anything she said. At all. Genevieve is perfectly nice, I even knew how to pronounce it [the non-French way] at an early age thanks to Madeline. And now I know a teenage Genevieve whose name suits her perfectly and who has never had pronunciation problems, to my knowledge. Your list is lovely.
    Thanks! Yeah, I don't think I'll take any of it seriously. One thing's for sure, when I do have kids someday, I will not be discussing names with the family beforehand. Anyway, don't get me wrong, my sister isn't stupid or anything, she was just goofing around. The reason she has a Mexican association with Josephine is because of the American girl doll named Josephine, who was of Spanish (don't remember if it was Mexican...) culture. Thanks again for the compliment.

Luminescent Ladies ~~**

Magnificent Men~~**

* Phineas Jack Orion * Orlando Archer Luke * Simon Apollo Levi * Jasper Elias Gray *

Carol: Thank you! I mentioned on your thread, I love your daughters' names as well. Anyway, I asked my sis what she would name a daughter, and all she said was "I don't know. I haven't thought ahead that far." :P

Luminescent Ladies ~~**

Magnificent Men~~**