Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sibling name

Sibling name

Our son's name is Otis, and we are expecting another boy. We like uncommon names, and our top contender right now is Maceo. Both are names of musicians (Otis Redding and Maceo Parker), so we like that connection. I like the name, but its origin is Spanish or Italian, and we are neither. I'm also just not sure about using *such* an uncommon name. Otis is uncommon, but everyone has pretty much heard of it. Maceo is even less common. I think it's a cool name, I am just not sold on it. So, would love any suggestions that would go with Otis (or, if you like Maceo, then please chime in, too!). Thanks!

Maceo is cool, but I definitely understand your concerns about it being obviously Spanish/Italian-sounding and if you aren't blatantly either, it could look a little weird.

Have you consider Miles? As in Miles Davis? It's one of my top names and I love Milo as well.

I also thought of...

Lyle
    Lionel
    Rupert
    Leo(n)
    Alfie
    Simon
    Beau/Bo
    Arlo
    Mom to Nora Cathleen.

Current favorites:
    Declan (Decs/Dex). Miles (Milo). Dean. Euan. Ronan. Dexter (Dex). John (Johnny). Max. Finn. Reid.

Gwyneth (Gwen). Elise. Bronwen (Bonnie). Mary. Piper. Josephine (Josie). Iris. Margot. Sylvie. Edith (Edie).

Options if you like Maceo:

Mateo, Matthias, Maxum, Maverick nn Mack, Merrick, nn Mack

Maddox, Maddock, or Marshall

Maxwell, or use Maceo in the middle or use Parker as a middle name.

Marcus could also work.

Parker is a great first name.

Current Favorites:
    Bay, Isabeau *Iso*, Lux, Phoebe, Vada
    Barrett, Grayer, Judson, Rockwell *Wells*, Solomon *Solo*

I've not heard of Maceo before, but I like it, and think it goes ok with Otis. The musician connection is pretty awesome. As far as suggestions go, I second the suggestion of Lyle. I love the idea of Lyle and Otis as brothers. I want to add
    Felix
    Marius
    Simeon

~Sweet and Sassy~
    Elizabeth Winona "Elsie" ~ Adelheid Ruby "Addie" ~ Casilda Josephine "Cassie" ~ Veronica Odelia "Nicci"

~Strong and Stubborn~
    Gideon Boone "Gid" ~ Matthias Wesley "Matt" ~ Solomon Cadell "Cade" ~ Zaccheaus ________ "Zeke"