Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lawsonhaley View Post
    That's how I saw it, just reclaiming what was once 'Team Blue Territory' for lack of a better term. I actually love these names, and, although I'm far from having children, I can completely and totally see myself having a little boy named Addison. I never liked surnames as first names that much until this past September, when I had a little Harrison in my class - and I fell in love with his name, and then other surnames followed. I saw on a few other sites that Addison's a girl's only name, and naming your son that would set him up for bullying/teasing/ridicule, so the poster explaining this said it's like child abuse. I didn't understand it myself, but I really started second guessing it haha.
    Some name sites contain people who are quite brutal and bullying. Civility and respect for others are sometimes lost in the anonymous world of the internet. Long ago, I used to post on "The Baby Name Genie". The environment turned into such an abusive and toxic place that I left - quickly! I found myself becoming quite vicious in my replies to all of the negativity and that mean-spirited behaviour is not my natural habitat. Even though things can get very heated here on Nameberry (we are all PASSIONATE about names), I don't think you're going to find another place that is more positive and informative. We have many intelligent Berries from different cultures, walks of life, religions and ages so it's wonderful that posters can pick their brains for some feedback. More heads are better than one! If you find you're getting "destructive comments" rather than "constructive criticism" on the other name sites you frequent, I would advise you to stop for awhile - or completely- like I did.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I love Addison and Emerson, for boys. Emerson is in my top 5. Yes, I do think Emerson is an adorable name for a girl but I feel it is very handsome for a boy. I have only met one Addison, a boy that was a teammate of my son's. Addison is on my long boy list. Morgan and Avery I can easily see on either gender. I have known several woman and girls named Kendall and Darcy and no males with either name, so I struggle to view them on males. Although I do not feel they would be crazy for males. I love Harper and Hadley and have both on my girl list. I feel Hadley and Harper could be harder for a male to wear in the States but not impossible.

Maebry Eloise o Emilia Sunday o Indie Rose Clementine
    Piers Lachlan o Tadhg Emerson o Gray Everett
    -------------- o --------------- o ---------------

heart my son

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Some name sites contain people who are quite brutal and bullying. Civility and respect for others are sometimes lost in the anonymous world of the internet. Long ago, I used to post on "The Baby Name Genie". The environment turned into such an abusive and toxic place that I left - quickly! I found myself becoming quite vicious in my replies to all of the negativity and that mean-spirited behaviour is not my natural habitat. Even though things can get very heated here on Nameberry (we are all PASSIONATE about names), I don't think you're going to find another place that is more positive and informative. We have many intelligent Berries from different cultures, walks of life, religions and ages so it's wonderful that posters can pick their brains for some feedback. More heads are better than one! If you find you're getting "destructive comments" rather than "constructive criticism" on the other name sites you frequent, I would advise you to stop for awhile - or completely- like I did.
    For the most part I've stopped - there was one from the UK I liked, but another user basically told me that being 18 and not in a proper relationship but liking baby names and planning ones I like was pathetic and childish - so I soon left that one. All I did was google 'Addison on a boy' and saw some of the feedback, wow. Haha, I agree with what @ameliawilliams said though - my biggest problem is likely other adults. For college, I work in classrooms and nursery schools (it's a required component for my course), and at my last one, we had a supply teacher the one day, who I spent my break with. The whole time, she insulted the class list, saying that some of the children had 'old people names' (We had a little Kenneth in our class, and a little Sylvia, both lovely names imo), and that some had just 'weird names'. Then she went on to say about how all these horrible parents named their kids awful names at the other schools she'd been at - and I didn't know how to respond at all!

Thanks to all the positive comments - I definitely love Addison over say, Aiden, Morgan over Jack, Harper over Jacob, etc. I like how they sound on a boy, strong and old fashioned, without being 'too old'. I googled Addison as a name, and all the famous Addison's who came up were male, and were living during the 1800's-early 1900's. I feel like they fit into my style of names well, so I think I'm happy going with them. I was just second guessing myself.
    “poetry, beauty, romance, love - these are what we stay alive for.”

currently under construction

http://delighfullydoris.blogspot.ca/

the only one I cant see on a boy is Harper
    Nursing Student- class of 2014, 4 down! 1 to go...
    <3 Jesse's Girl <3
    Top Names
    Noah Rupert
    Bria Aurelie

<3 Wedding Date <3
    <3 10.17.2015 <3

Assuming unisex names commonly used for girls are no longer suitable for boys because they are now "weak" is sexist, yes. People who talk about feminine-sounding boy names like about something horrible are being sexist, too. But unfortunately a lot of people in our world still are sexist and there're chances a boy with feminine-sounding name will be bullied. Of course it is wrong, but it's there and we can't deny it.
    No matter how strongly I believe in gender equality, I wouldn't name my boy, for example, Ruby, because their health and happiness are more important to me. There are other ways to make a political statement besides using a baby's name.

I don't know how unisex these names are in reality, but all of them sound suitable for a boy to me.
    polina, nineteen
    french/russian/swedish living in st. petersburg, russia
    art history major, web developer

clementine + ottoline + romilly + sybella + matilda
    wilhelmina + tallulah + marlowe + emiliana + saskia

felix + sebastian + milo + oscar + fabian
    cosmo + archer + rufus + dashiell + caius

{ mommy to jagger the cat }