Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is there more to dulcie?

I love the name Dulcibella. I've been seeing it get some love, which made me wonder why we only see "certain" variants of Dulcie used. Dulcet,Dulcie, Dulcinea, Dulciana, Dulcina, Dulcibeau, Dulcibel and Dulcibell are all being considered and used, but could the older versions of Dulcie be revived.

I know that many of them are obsolete but should they stay that way? Would reviving older spellings work with today's new Kre8tiv spellings, and old revivals like Amabel, Alberta, Doveva, Fenella, Mabel, Mrytle, Winifred, and so on...?

I think it creates more avenues of name options and even gender options, perhaps nn options. What do you think?
    Some different spellings include:

Duz, -I'm uncertain about this one
    Duce, - too similar to card names?
    Dusa - this would work well with nn for Drusilla-?
    Dowse,
    Dous
    Douce,
    Dowse,
    Duce - sounds masculine to me-?
    Dowson - sounds masculine to me-?
    Dulcia
    Doulce,
    Doulse,
    Dulcey,
    Dulcy,
    Dulce,
    Dulse, - to similar to pulse-?
    Dowlce,
    Dulcea.
    Dowsabel - I like this one, it has a handy nNN. Doe
    or Dousabel -- nn. sabel-?

For info check out this site: http://appellationmountain.net/dulci...#comment-96904

http://www.britishbabynames.com/blog...05/dulcie.html
    Tcc

Dulce is very used in Mexico, specially with Maria after it.
    Dulce Maria which means sweet Mary. I only like Dulce out of all of them.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.

SOMEDAY
    MIA . LIV . UMA . ZOE

SIB-SETS
    TIGER LILY . BRIAR ROSE
    WINNIE . CHRISTOPHER

Quote Originally Posted by daisyliv View Post
    Dulce is very used in Mexico, specially with Maria after it.
    Dulce Maria which means sweet Mary. I only like Dulce out of all of them.
    Thats awesome. I'm itching to see more Dowsabel's, and might even consider it myself. I just think it is soo fascinating that people would rather choose cre8tif spelling instead of choosing an older spelling that helps the name stand out and yet is very much legit.
    Tcc

I only like Dulcea and Dulcinea...
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair | Lucias
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Stellan | Amias

Dulcie is definitely usable. When I read Dulcibella, I think of decibel and think a screaming infant. Honestly, I am all for the revival of any older name form as long as it doesn't open up the bearing to ridicule. Prefer the straight Dulcie or Dulcey, but I like shorter names.