Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sodallas3 View Post
    That is actually quite cute!

Do you get what I mean? I truly wasn't trying to rain on your parade. I like rare and unique names, I just think the world judges people harshly, be it boy or girl. I hope you pick what you love and stick with that!
    Oh, I totally, get what you mean. No doubt, the world is prejudice. Getting on these forums and hearing what other name berries think and point out what you fail to see is the point of this exercise. I'm a really a bold person, and was raised in a very cultured German, Swede, Irish,and English home, in a German, Polish, Swede, Russian community. So most names, I'm fairly okay with and am open minded. Bearing that in mind, I can easily over look what others may not, not to mention I wanted to see if there are bold parents out there willing to step outside of their purview and name a child Snowdrop, or as we discussed Ambrose or what have you... To So see what those parents went through and word of advice. Also, to see the potential of what is to come....
    Tcc

Quote Originally Posted by rainydaygarden View Post
    I might be the only person who thinks this and that's just fine with me...

Someone named Winter naming her daughter Snowdrop is truly beautiful. Snowdrops are some of the first flowers of spring, so it's not
    uncommon to see pictures of them with snow on the ground. They are Winter's gift to the world... just the way your daughter would be.
    I think this image trumps any argument about it being too word-y or feminine.

Good luck on whatever name you choose.
    Thank YOU! Your ROCK! We are TTC, been a bit difficult, so we've been remaining hopeful. As you probably read prior, Snowdrop means Hope as well. So the connection you made with the hope connection given it has a lot of meaning for my Dh and I.
    Tcc

I really like this name. Snow is more my style, but go for Snowdrop if you want!
    I'm a teenberry, a Christian, and a bookworm.
    Finn*John "Johnkin"*Dean*Colin*Cove*Avery*Absalom*Sam*Ki rby
    Elsa "Elsie* Mireille*Wilhelmina*Xandra*Virginia*Charlie*Agnes* Saoirse*Alice*Euphrosyne.[/CENTER]

Would I name my child snowdrop? No. It seems more like a "pet" name to me. Something like Eirlys though (which is Welsh for snowdrop) sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs_anton_yelchin1990 View Post
    Would I name my child snowdrop? No. It seems more like a "pet" name to me. Something like Eirlys though (which is Welsh for snowdrop) sure.
    When I see Eirlys, I see Eye-less and Ear-less, I'm fearful more people will overlook the "R" phonetic. Most people dropped the "R" in Winter saying Winner, which drove me crazy. I think this version of Snowdrop, its lovely, sounds lovely, BUT would be a constant upkeep in corrections. Snowdrop sounds much prettier to my ears.
    Tcc