Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Since your husband seems to be the difficult one, have you asked him to make a list of names he does like? I would put three of your favorites and three of his favorites into nymbler and ask him to make a list that way. It may not be a bad idea to consider Grace as the first name either.

ETA: Another thing... I think that you and your husband should look at your list of criteria and reconsider which points are absolute musts and which points are preferences. Limiting your selection like you have can make finding the name all the more difficult.
    Last edited by southern.maple; February 7th, 2014 at 04:55 PM.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Caroline

I emailed him to see if he will use Grace as a first name, but no reply yet. So not sure. As far as his name preferences go, he has given me a list and I strongly disliked every single name on it. I do agree though that we need to prioritize our criteria. I think that what may sadly have to happen is that we each draw up a list of a set number of names, and then the other person picks their most like-able name on it. Then put both in a hat and choose that way. We are just sooooo different in our name preferences. Luckily, this is really the only major thing that we ever disagree on, or have, in our 14 years of marriage. In every other way, we are so compatible. Makes this even harder

Our daughter is due in 6 weeks and is nameless except for her middle name, which will be Grace, for family and special reasons.

Dh and I just do not agree on girls' names. Our first daughter's name begins with El, so names that start that way are automatically out.

Our other criterion, some his and some mine, are as follows:

No modern names, prefer classic
    Nothing that ends with an eeeee sound (ie Lily, Kaylie, Emily)
    No flower names
    No unisex....very girlish names only
    No names that begin with A, or S.
    Nothing too popular (outside of top 20 or so is okay)

Our last name begins with an M if that helps.
    Sorry for any repeats
    Cressida
    Colette
    Corrine
    Carina
    Cosette
    Blythe
    Felicia
    Fiona
    Genevieve
    Gwyneth
    Gabriela
    Helena
    Helene
    Lois
    Cassandra
    Diane
    Diana
    Jacqueline
    Josephine
    Jeanette
    Katrina
    Cordelia
    Beatrice
    Lavinia
    Lorraine
    Margot
    Martina
    Miranda
    Mabel
    Nadine
    Natalia
    Nora
    Ophelia
    Julianne/ Julia/ Julie/ Juliana
    Opal
    Oriana
    Mara
    Marin
    Olive
    Pearl
    Renee
    Rachel
    Rebecca
    Roxanne
    Roxana
    Rosette
    Renata
    Rosetta
    Rosalind
    Rosamund
    Maria
    Rosa
    Regina
    Ramona
    Stella
    Estelle
    Sabrina
    Sabine
    Savina
    Sarina
    Samantha
    Tabitha
    Vera
    Virginia
    Georgia
    Georgiana
    Harriet
    Violet
    Yvonne
    Yvette
    Zara
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Quote Originally Posted by mythreelittlebears View Post
    I emailed him to see if he will use Grace as a first name, but no reply yet. So not sure. As far as his name preferences go, he has given me a list and I strongly disliked every single name on it. I do agree though that we need to prioritize our criteria. I think that what may sadly have to happen is that we each draw up a list of a set number of names, and then the other person picks their most like-able name on it. Then put both in a hat and choose that way. We are just sooooo different in our name preferences. Luckily, this is really the only major thing that we ever disagree on, or have, in our 14 years of marriage. In every other way, we are so compatible. Makes this even harder
    That's not a bad idea Gotta do what you gotta do
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I suggested Evelyn but he worries that people would call her Evie. And he does not like names ending in an eeee sound. I adore many names on your lists. Our first daughter, Elizabeth, goes by the nickname Ella, so that rules out Elizabeth and Isla, which we both like, because Isla sounds too much like Ella. I just emailed him and asked him about Eleanor with the nickname Nora, so we shall see! I worry though that the beginning of Eleanor is too similar to Ella. He does not like Grace enough for a first name,

His suggestions have been few....admittedly he doesn't like many girls names in general The one he most recently suggested was Gwyneth, but I do not like it very much.

Thanks for your help ladies. If nothing else, it reaffirmed that I have tried hard and that we need to re-prioritize our criterion.