Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WDYT of Ajax?

WDYT of Ajax?

I keep coming back to this name. I really love it, despite the very strong brand association...I feel like I'm getting close to a very nice short list and trying to decide if Ajax is on it or not. My family is Greek so that's partly why I like it, haven't found any other Greek names that appeal to me as much. Really would love to know what you all think...is it usable? First or middle?

Thanks

It is too tied to the cleaning product for me. Personally I would use it for a pet. But if I met a little boy with the name I wouldn't be horrified or anything. I'd probably think it was cute.
    Top Contenders:
    Cora ~ Esme ~ Fiona ~ Gwyneth ~ Hazel ~ Lila ~ Mara ~ Sylvie ~ Thea ~ Zara
    Archer ~ Donovan ~ Emmett ~ Ezra ~ Julian ~ Leo ~ Rhys ~ Sawyer ~ Theo ~ Xavier

I associate it with both the cleaning product and the programming term (asynchronous javascript and xml) - yes, I know this makes me a total nerd. So for me, I would never consider this a name.

I would not use it for a child. Maaaybe as a middle, but I don't like the Hero connection, and I do associate it strongly with the cleaning product.
    Azula "Zu" Rosemary
    July 2012
    Indira "Indie" Coral
    January 2014

Planning ahead for our next additions

I have a major love/hate relationship with this name.
    I love it. Absolutely adore Ajax... and then I go to clean my kitchen or bathroom and I absolutely hate this name. It’s not so much that the name itself changes but that I get reminded of the association with the cleaning agent. If I lived in a country where Ajax wasn’t such a household name for this particular cleaning agent I’d consider it - but as is, I wouldn’t.
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)