Names Searched Right Now:

little brother for Serena

Hi, this is my first time posting and I am in desperate need of all your expert opinions/suggestions!

My little boy is due in four weeks and we have no idea what to name him. My daughter's name is Serena Grace Gordon, so id like something that compliments it but no boys names are jumping out at me. My husbands mother, father, and grandfather are all deceased so we were looking for a P (Patricia), J (Jeffrey), A (Albert) name but at this point I'd settle for a name we like. James was my first pick, but my mom's not too keen on it as we have lots of James in our family tree (one is her father) and she feels there's too much baggage. But I'm not counting it out yet. The middle name may be Asbury (my maiden name) but open to other options.

Here are some I'm considering:

James
    Parker (I think it's a little overused and my cousin just named his little boy this but it's a family name on my husbands side)
    Archer
    Max
    Austin
    Jack

Others on the list are:
    Benjamin
    Bennett
    Luca
    Leo
    Hudson
    Taylor

I have to admit I'm just not in love with any of them so all suggestions/opinions are welcome!

I love Serena and Max! James is nice too.

How about:

Patrick
    Alden
    Jasper
    Owen
    Beckett
    Some current considerations:

Sylvie Coraline | Etta Rosalie | Hazel Miranda | Margot Eliza | Vivienne Esme | Cora Madeleine
    Archer Daniel | Emmett Sebastian | Ezra Donovan | Theo Anderson | Lucian Matteo | Milo Vincent

Hi,

My little girl is named Serena and we're expecting twin boys soon. We are going in the nature name direction.

Names from your list that I like, even considered, and think will work:
    Hudson, James (we are using this name, but he will go by his mn for same reason as you, lots of James in family), Archer (I really like this, but I'm not totally feeling it), Jack, Leo, Luca--I'm liking this with Serena alot).

Names that I've thought sounded nice with Serena--

Serena and Eli
    Serena and Liam
    Serena and Levi
    Serena and Kai
    Proud Mama to Serena Genevieve
    Expecting Twin Boys Summer 2014

Girls: Poppy, Georgiana, Claudia, Franny, Brighton
    Boys:James, August, River, Leo, Weston, Dylan, Cal, Harrison, Beck

Congrats to you and welcome to Nameberry! Serena Grace is very pretty. My favourite from your boys list is Jack but if you choose your maiden name in the middle spot, it would not be ideal (Jack ASbury??? ). I love Leo too and I think it's ok with the mn and Gordon. With Asbury, I would avoid a first name containing an "s" in it to avoid a lispy combo. Also, if Gordon is your surame, a name ending in "n" isn't the best choice (eg. Benjamin/Ben, Austin, Hudson). Here are some P, J and A suggestions.

Patrick - would honour a Patricia
    Peter
    Percival nn Percy
    Peregrine nn Perry

Jeremiah
    Jonah
    Jacob nn Jake - if you don't mind the popularity
    Jesse/Jeremy/Jasper/Julius/Joshua/Joseph/Josiah - if you change your mind regarding Asbury as a middle name

Abram/Alaric/Alexander/Andrew/Arthur - if you don't mind alliteration with Asbury
    Anthony/Asa/Ambrose/Alastair/August - if you don't use Asbury as a middle name
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin