Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Multicultural baby girl (Persian, Cuban, and Macedonian) and need help with a name!

I'm full Persian/Iranian (raised in the US) and my husband is half Cuban and Macedonian (in the Balkans.) We were thinking of a cute Persian name that is easy to pronounce but not super common like Sara, Layla, Tara...

Some names we have so far:

Aida (or Ayda)

But completely open to cute Cuban or Balkan names as well. My mother picked unique Persian names for us and I would like to continue the tradition if possible

Please help

I love Aida and Soraya!

What about using a Cuban or Macedonian name in the middle?

Cuban/Spanish - Aida Delfia, Aida Ezmeralda, Soraya Benita, Soraya Novia?

Macedonian/Slavic - Aida Elena, Aida Frosina, Soraya Danica, Soraya Ivana?
    Last edited by freddiethepink; February 6th, 2014 at 12:57 PM.
    Victor | Ephraim | Phineas

Trudy | Marceline | Freda

Some other Macedonian options:

Dafina, Dana, Despina, Doroteja, Dzvezda, Irina, Isidora, Iva, Ivona, Jasmina, Jasna, Jovana, Katerina, Marina, Marta, Mila, Milena, Mira, Nevena, Petra, Rosa, Sonja, Suzana, Tamara, Vana, Veta, Zora, Zorica
    Victor | Ephraim | Phineas

Trudy | Marceline | Freda

If it were me, I would look for names that connect all of the heritages together. It's not an easy task, but I think there are some connections that you could make if you wanted (using nicknames, etc).

Have you considered Anahita? It's one of my favorite Persian names, but I think it also works well to represent your future daughter's ties to her Cuban and Macedonian heritages as well. The -ita ending makes it feel like a Spanish name, and Ana (if you decided to shorten it) is a name common in both cultures. I think it translates very well in the US and would like to encounter it more frequently.

Other cross-cultural ideas:

Dara (Macedonian "gift") or Darya (Iranian "sea")
    Mahine (Iranian) or Marina (Spanish/Macedonian)
    Mihaila (Macedonian), Milena (Macedonian, but works in Spanish), or Minoo / Minu (Iranian "heavenly, paradise")

- I wish I had the heritage to back up Mihaila or Milena being called "Minoo/Minu". I find it just too cute.

Natasha (Not Spanish, but I have met some girls with Spanish heritage with this name), Nataša (Macedonian), or Nousha / Noosha (Iranian) -- could work in a similar way. Natasha nn Noosha

Parisa / Pari (Iranian "like a fairy") or Paraskeva (Macedonian, "preparation"/"Friday")

Zahra (Iranian) or Zaharina (Macedonian) - Another connection that I think could work well.

Other Ideas:
    Divna (Macedonian "wonderful"), Elaheh (Iranian "goddess"), Elena (Spanish/Macedonian), Rafaela (Spanish/Macedonian), Shireen / Shirin (Iranian), Zareen (Iranian)
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico, Gianfranco, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa, Valerio
    Katarina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Romana, Alba, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirellina, Arianell, Sonia, Talia, Cordelia, Leona/Leonie

I had a part-Persian friend in college whose name was Natalia Parisa. I always thought it was a pretty name.