Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Sarah, Sally or Sadie?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sarah

13 46.43%
  • Sally

4 14.29%
  • Sadie

11 39.29%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which form of Sarah?

I love the idea of, one day (if I get my future, but currently imaginary husband on board) of honouring my great aunt Sissy(Sarah Agnes) who I've mentioned a few times on here. For those who haven't seen, here is a link to a biography written about her from the Encyclopedia Titanica.

I'm not entirely in love with the name Sarah. There's nothing wrong with it, but I know at least 13 Sarah's who are my age alone, plus the adult ones I know, and the younger Sarah's I know. I like Zara and Soraya, which are International variants, but they don't quite work the same way.

So, I am between:

Sally
    Sadie
    Sarah

Which form do you prefer? I doubt I would use Agnes as the middle name, so middle name suggestions are always welcome
    Girls: Amelia, Ava, Emily, Sophia, Ella, Freya, Charlotte, Millie, Eva, Florence, Matilda, Eleanor, Martha, Violet, Clara, Betsy, Mabel, Ada, Lillian, Minnie, Tillie, Doris, Edna

Boys: Harry, Charlie, William, George, James, Alfie, Joshua, Archie, Henry, Daniel, Edward, Harrison, Adam, Matthew, Michael, Liam, Callum, Louis, Albert, Andrew, Ernest, Darcy

~no matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world~

As a Sara/Sally I have to weigh in on this thread! I would pick Sally. I really do love Sara, BUT whenever I've used it in the past (in work place situations) I've been struck just by the sheer poplarity of Sara/h. All of a sudden I would go from having a unique but recognizable name not in the top 1000 (which is kind of baby name gold, am I right?) to than going by a name that was top 10 the year I was born. I somehow have always been the only Sally in any social circle I've ever been in - which is pretty amazing -whereas at any given time I've known about 5 girls named Sara/h. Plus Sally is easy to remember, say, spell and is an all-around pretty name. (I think!)

Also: since Sadie is very "in" at the moment, some parents might be looking for something like it but fresher, which would logically lead to - yes - Sally.

And what a story about your great aunt! You have to wonder who that cabin boy was. I can see why you would want to honor her.

Quote Originally Posted by namenerdia View Post
    And what a story about your great aunt! You have to wonder who that cabin boy was. I can see why you would want to honor her.
    It's something everyone in my family has always wondered! My grandfather (the Gordon Stap who contributed to the story on the site) never found out, and now that he's passed away, my mum, cousin and I are trying even harder to figure it out!
    Girls: Amelia, Ava, Emily, Sophia, Ella, Freya, Charlotte, Millie, Eva, Florence, Matilda, Eleanor, Martha, Violet, Clara, Betsy, Mabel, Ada, Lillian, Minnie, Tillie, Doris, Edna

Boys: Harry, Charlie, William, George, James, Alfie, Joshua, Archie, Henry, Daniel, Edward, Harrison, Adam, Matthew, Michael, Liam, Callum, Louis, Albert, Andrew, Ernest, Darcy

~no matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world~

I would use Sarah to honour her, but in the middle spot if you are not passionate about it as a first. Or Sissy? For what it is worth I think Cissy is great!
    *Penelope*Pearl*Estella*Marisol*Golda*Martha*
    *Lilac*Daphne*Tabitha*Autumn*

Silas*Henry*Arthur*Gabriel*Eli*Patrick*Frederick
    *Heath*Gilbert*Jonah*Leo