Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    There's Margaery Tyrell in 'A Song of Ice and Fire'
    I didn't know that, but that's good to know! The name might seem less clunky and old then
    "While some of the brightest of our celestial bodies are actually extinct now, their energy long since cooled; miraculously, because they float in the heavens so far away from us now, their beautiful light will continue to shine on us forever, and the glow will be so bright, it'll warm your heart, it'll make your eyes glisten, and it'll make you think to yourselves; what a concept"

I think Marjorie is so sweet! I know a Marjorie in her 30's -- definitely not too old or clunky. And yes, definitely this spelling.
    Mama to Gabriel James 12.03.12

Adeline Rosemary. Josephine Alice. Felicity Irene. Phoebe Clementine. Susannah Margot. Eliza Phoebe...

Sebastian Thomas. Calvin Alexander. Jonah Benjamin. August Nathaniel. Silas Elliot. Arthur Simon...

For today...

I love, love, LOVE Marjorie! DH likes it too. It's on our girls list!
    I'm not sure why we prefer it to Margaret, Margot, etc. It just feels sweeter and more innocent, I guess.
    Mommy to Travis Nevin and Baby #2 is due first week of April 2015
    Future Sons: Angus Loudon ...or... Harvey Leonhard ...or... Jethro Blaise
    Future Daughters: Ada Kaye Geneva ...or... Tessa Charlotte ...or... Florence Imogen

I like it. I actually prefer the Margery spelling, it seems more elegant to me. I think having a 'j' in the middle of a name just throws me a bit. Marjorie Charlotte is lovely though. I love the nn Margie. I used to watch Big Love and they had a young character who was named Margene but went by Margie and after this that nn seemed like a 'young' name to me and really cute!
    Andie - John,Thomas,Isla,Freya,Marigold

I love this name! Marjorie Mae is my personal favorite combination for it.
    Evangelina, Marjorie, Echo, Aglaia, Edna, Eve, April, Dee, Augusta "Gussy", Melissa
    Aurelius, John, Whit, Augustus "Gus", Joseph, Atticus, Bennett, Glenn, Fergus, Ezekiel